Darkwood Beach

l2f

Hello. I have searched and the results I have found didn't answer about the availability of umbrellas (or shade) just saying chairs are available.

So are there umbrellas to rent? If so do you know the cost?

Is 20-25 minute drive via bus or taxi about right?

I believe we plan to take the bus and if time becomes an issue a taxi back. Are there taxis readily available at Darkwood?

Thanks in advance for the info.

• 1 month later...
Hello. I have searched and the results I have found didn't answer about the availability of umbrellas (or shade) just saying chairs are available.

Not a terrific amount of shade. I looked at a photo I took there this year and saw that there are fixed umbrellas (palapa-style) up by the restaurant. No info on whether they're for rent or just available. Did not see any little umbrellas on the beach itself. Chairs for sure.

Not a terrific amount of shade. I looked at a photo I took there this year and saw that there are fixed umbrellas (palapa-style) up by the restaurant. No info on whether they're for rent or just available. Did not see any little umbrellas on the beach itself. Chairs for sure.

Thanks

• 2 weeks later...

Been there a few times (we use the bus from the bus station) and usually take our own snorkel gear. There is a beach bar/cafe that does rent chairs but on our last visit they did not have any umbrellas out (but I think they have some). There is an area near the bar where you can pull your lounger under a roof overhang if you want shade. The Beach Bar is quite friendly and has decent food. The snorkel situation here is interesting. The best area is along a shallow reef, but one must have a pretty calm day and some luck. On several visits it seemed like there had been offshore storms the previous week which made the water a bit rough and just too darn cloudy for good snorkeling. You do not need watershoes although we always find them a good thing to have in our backpack.

Hank