Mini Submarine underwater scooter

ginjam70

• 2 weeks later...

We did this 2 years ago. It was awesome! Booked with Cozumel tours. Noticed they were offering it again recently. We saved quite a bit. Shared the tour with some others that booked with ship. Difference....we had to walk a few blocks to the tour operator, they got picked up off the pier. It was worth the walk for us!

• 1 month later...

Where do you actually do the tour? Is it right by the pier? Do you go to a specific beach with a good reef? Did you see a lot of fish?

Any info would be appreciated. I plan to book this tour just have to check the time change first before picking a time.

Thanks

Deb

• 1 month later...

I did this tour through Carnival on my honeymoon last year. It was a joke. We took a short (scary) taxi ride from the pier to a hotel. We weren't even on a "beach" per se, just a dock where we climbed down a ladder into the water. There were no fish/sealife to observe, the guide was diving beside us and had a water bottle full of bread that he would squeeze and a school of fish would follow it around. The fish were not even bright and colorful, you could barely see them. I've been snorkeling in the Keys countless times and everywhere I went the sealife was brighter, more colorful and more abundant, so I'm not sure if it is just a Mexico vs. Florida difference or what. Also, they left us in the scooters waiting so long, swaying back and forth under water (meanwhile your head is in this dome with thick glass that makes everything slightly distorted) and I wound up getting really sick and throwing up before the guy could get me out of my scooter. My husband and I didn't fully recover from it for a few days afterwards, and being on a cruise ship already feeling seasick is not great! Hope this helps, maybe our experience was out of the ordinary from others, but I would never do this again in a million years!

Archived