Any Antigua Shopping Musts?

3Blessings

One of our stops in July is Antigua. Are there any items that Antigua is known for that are great deals (particular jewelry or gemstones) or just unique to Antigua? Or any stores that are a must visit when you go? Thanks!

One of our stops in July is Antigua. Are there any items that Antigua is known for that are great deals (particular jewelry or gemstones) or just unique to Antigua? Or any stores that are a must visit when you go? Thanks!

Not specifically that I know of but there is an open air market that is pretty cool. Its in and near the building with the big green roof. Go straight out from their pier about 4 blocks then turn right, walk about 6 blocks and you should find it. More for locals than for tourists which makes it more fun. There is also a fish market near there behind the bus station, that is very unique. Here is a link to a very short video I have of it.

Edited by seashinesunshine

• 4 weeks later...
Not specifically that I know of but there is an open air market that is pretty cool. Its in and near the building with the big green roof. Go straight out from their pier about 4 blocks then turn right, walk about 6 blocks and you should find it. More for locals than for tourists which makes it more fun. There is also a fish market near there behind the bus station, that is very unique. Here is a link to a very short video I have of it.

I agree with your suggestions. The shops you mentioned are really good, classy boutiques with many local crafted items. Good restaurant there as well. The fish market is interesting and located next to another market that opens later in the morning.