Marseille St Charles to the cruise port

kevg1889

Hi - We will be venturing on our first cruise on the MSC Fantasia in October, sailing from Marseille. I have booked the shuttle bus from the airport through to the St Charles railway station, but would appreciate any advise on the best way from the station through to the port.

We are due to land at 11-50am so I am thinking we may be best making our way straight through to the port, especially with suit cases etc. I would like to board the ship as early as possible, to get our bearings & take in the magnificense of the ship etc

So excited, and want everything to fall into place as its a special trip for my DW and I

Hi, we just came back from Marseille. I believe the fare from the train station to the port for my family of 4 is $27 Euros. On the way back because our hotel is across from the train station, it cost us $60 Euros to go to the airport. Hope this helps.

I'd take a taxi also. At the train station you are likely to meet other cruisers to share a taxi. On our Fantasia cruise we shared a taxi with a French couple embarking Costa Serena while we were embarking MSC Fantasia. We were dropped off first. The metre said 22 euro so we gave the other couple 12 euro and they then paid the driver the full amount that we estimate would have been 24 euro!

That would be good if we could find someone to share Tomvet - what did you think of Fantasia? any tips that you can pass on?

I did a review - you can read it here

http://www.cruisingmates.co.uk/forum/viewtopic.php?f=270&t=3677

She would be my least favourite ship! Far too big, crowded and far too many Italians! :):):)