sending messages to other members

rkmw

i have only just found this site a few days ago, if you want to send a message to a fellow member is it allowed

As far as I am aware, yes you can send a message to a fellow member.

Although the only way you can do it is by making a new thread or checking to see if the fellow member has there e-mail address listed in there profile (not all publicly list there e-mail address in there profile)

I Hope this helps :) & Welcome to Cruise Critic.

i have only just found this site a few days ago, if you want to send a message to a fellow member is it allowed

Yes, but only if they want to be contacted. There is no way of sending whims within the Cruisecritic forums like some other forums do.You can contact them outside of the forum by email or chat, but you will need to -

Provide your email address in a message and ask them to contact you, but munge your address so that auto software will not add you to spam lists (ie bob at tel$tra dot com dot au)

Ask them to post their email details (will probably depend if they know you)

Check their post for a little man under their number of postings when they post to a message (when you click this, it will provide their MSN email address). Most people with this icon are also contactable on Microsoft Messenger. There are other icons for Yahoo & Skype too if they use those methods of contact.

also if you look at the top right of any post they have written it will show if they have instant messenger service, just click on their link.

If not just put a post on here for them to email you and include a hotmail address or write out in full your address. ie write "dot" to prevent any spam. I have put my hotmail account on here several times and never got any spam.

Archived