Mayflower Hotel - Seattle

geomapper

I found a decent rate at the Mayflower in downtown Seattle. Looks convenient to the light rail station (arriving from SeaTac) and many downtown sites. We are arriving 2 days prior to our cruise to allow time for sightseeing. Any thoughts on the hotel selection or sightseeing ideas are welcome.

We also chose this hotel. It gets good reviews on tripadvisor and is only one and onehalf blocks from the light rail. The monorail and shopping is nearby as well as some great restaurants. Andaluca, the in house restaurant gets great reviews as well. I think this hotel is a good choice. The Dahlia Lounge is very close and the food there and at the Dahlia bakery are yummy!

It's my favorite hotel in Seattle. It's a boutique hotel so it's smaller, more quaint, with a lot of upscale charm. The downstairs bar has AMAZING drinks. It is within walking distance of a LOT. And what you can't walk to, the rail is right across the street.

It really is a great hotel with wonderful staff. Enjoy!!

In terms of what to see in Seattle...Pike's Place Market is a fun walk around (Make sure you get a bowl of chowder from Pike's Place Chowder, and a perogi from the perogi joint-I can't recall the name but EVERYONE will know what you're talking about!) The Seattle Art Museum is fantastic! If you have the time, a water taxi over to Alki Beach is fun and there are some great restaurants over on Alki Beach too. There is a music museum (Experience Music Project) that is pretty wild, but loads of fun! If you can, do a "duck tour." It's a great introduction to the city, then, you can go back and really explore places you saw on the duck. If you head over to Pioneer Square take the Underground Mine tour. It's really interesting. A Mariner's game is fun too (really beautiful stadium). If you have enough time, I can't recommend Teatro ZinZanni enough. It's a wonderfully and campy dinner theatre that is just plain fun!

I ADORE Seattle!! Have a BLAST!

Totally agree! The Mayflower is our favorite hotel in Seattle. Beautiful rooms and wonderful location. And it is connected to a wonderful mall if you discover you forgot to pack something or decide you need more! If you are a sports person, you can take free tours of the Mariners and Seahawks stadiums...very interesting. Have a wonderful time...Seattle is a fun city!

We just stayed at the Mayflower Park on the 3rd and 4th of June. We loved the hotel and the location. The room was very small but very nice. It had more electrical outlets than any hotel I've ever seen. The entire baseboard had an outlet about every foot. There is a beautiful plaza across the street that had trees with blue trunks, a beautiful water fountain, and pretty statues. The duck tours stop right at the side of the hotel so that would be super convenient. The hotel is attached to a mall. The monorail stops right there so you don't even have to go outside to catch the monorail. We took the monorail to the Seattle Center to see the King Tut exhibit and the Dale Chihully exhibit. Both were fabulous. To get to the hotel, we took the light rail from the airport. It was very clean, cheap, and fast. The hotel is just across the street and around the corner from the Westlake stop. Seattle is such a clean city that emphasizes art. There are so many pretty murals, mosaics, flowers, fountains and sculptures everywhere. I would definitely stay at the Mayflower again, because the location was close to everything. The mall that is attached to the hotel has a big food court in it too that made lunches and breakfast easy.

Pike Place Market. Not possessive, it doesn't belong to Pike, it refers to its location. It is on Pike Place.

Thanks for the English lesson, zephyr, you ROCK! (I noticed your screen name doesn't begin with a capital letter, interesting!)

Oh, and your sentence, "Not possessive, it doesn't belong to Pike, it refers to its location," is not a complete sentence. It seems you are missing a subject.

If you are going to correct my grammar you better make damn sure yours is stellar, ass. :D

Thanks for the English lesson, zephyr, you ROCK! (I noticed your screen name doesn't begin with a capital letter, interesting!)

Oh, and your sentence, "Not possessive, it doesn't belong to Pike, it refers to its location," is not a complete sentence. It seems you are missing a subject.

If you are going to correct my grammar you better make damn sure yours is stellar, ass. :D

Well, that was rude, and unnecessary.

It's not an issue of grammar, it's an issue of the proper name of a place. zephyr was right and you are wrong about it. But hey, if you want to look ignorant, far be it from us to tell you you can't.

Well, that was rude, and unnecessary.

It's not an issue of grammar, it's an issue of the proper name of a place. zephyr was right and you are wrong about it. But hey, if you want to look ignorant, far be it from us to tell you you can't.

Awww...bless your heart! This person comes in to do NOTHING more than correct spelling? This person made no comment on the content on the post, or had anything to offer, but, rather focused only on the mistake, and I'M rude? WOW! Yeah, I made a spelling error. I also offered a lot of input to the original question and the only thing zephyr had to offer was criticism.

Frankly, I'd rather be seen as ignorant than a bully. And to you, Casagordity, I offer you a great day!

And, to the OP, I am horrified that my comments have derailed your thread. I sincerely apologize for that. I hope you have a wonderful time on your trip. And, please, do check out Pike Place Market, because, no matter how you spell it, it's a wonderful place!

Awww...bless your heart! This person comes in to do NOTHING more than correct spelling? This person made no comment on the content on the post, or had anything to offer, but, rather focused only on the mistake, and I'M rude? WOW! Yeah, I made a spelling error. I also offered a lot of input to the original question and the only thing zephyr had to offer was criticism.

Frankly, I'd rather be seen as ignorant than a bully. And to you, Casagordity, I offer you a great day!

And, to the OP, I am horrified that my comments have derailed your thread. I sincerely apologize for that. I hope you have a wonderful time on your trip. And, please, do check out Pike Place Market, because, no matter how you spell it, it's a wonderful place!

As an ex-Californian with Southern roots, I believe I know exactly what you mean by "bless your heart!" and I send the same sentiments back to you. ;)

OK, enough please. I came here to find information concerning my vacation coming up. Like everyone else here, we don't care how much of an education you have unless it concerns our cruises! THAT comes from a Southern Belle AND I have a BS in education. Thank you....can we get back to hotels in this area please???

The Mayflower is booked for the time we are going....any others in that vicinity that anyone could recommend? I can't wait to go to the zinzanny show! (hopefully that is spelled correctly, wouldn't want to get "in trouble" for that one!

Love, Peace and lot's o' patience!! Gammiedoux

its a great hotel and great location. if you look at tripadvisor.com seattle forum on top right is a specific itinerary for one day without a car. it will give you a good outline to follow for sightseeing. And yes I know I didn't capitalize a few words.

OK, enough please. I came here to find information concerning my vacation coming up. Like everyone else here, we don't care how much of an education you have unless it concerns our cruises! THAT comes from a Southern Belle AND I have a BS in education. Thank you....can we get back to hotels in this area please???

The Mayflower is booked for the time we are going....any others in that vicinity that anyone could recommend? I can't wait to go to the zinzanny show! (hopefully that is spelled correctly, wouldn't want to get "in trouble" for that one!

Love, Peace and lot's o' patience!! Gammiedoux

To each their own. Personally, part of the information I go looking for when I plan a vacation is how not to sound clueless and ignorant and rub the locals the wrong way, if I can help it. You can correct my spelling or my grammar, or not, I don't much care--but this wasn't about spelling or grammar, it was an issue of calling a place by an incorrect name, and one that's kind of like nails on a chalkboard to a lot of folks hereabouts (ever hear a San Franciscan say "DON'T call it 'Frisco'!!!" through clenched teeth? Kind of like that). If I make an error like that, I hope to gosh someone to politely corrects me (kind of like zephyr did) so I don't further embarrass myself.

I'm from Colorado and if anybody had asked where to find Pike Peak, I would have told them. I wouldn't presume they are ignorant nor would I correct them. It would be clear to me where they wanted to go, and I wouldn't worry about telling them it is Pikes Peak. I've never seen it with an apostrophe to show possession even though it named after a person. I also have lived by Saguache and Tooele. You'd have to be a local to say those correctly!

One more question, and I am so DONE with this thread, regardless of the response...

So, a polite correction brings down the wrath of god, but calling someone an ass doesn't warrant a single comment??

Your standards of acceptable behavior are not my standards of acceptable behavior.

Pike Place Market. Not possessive, it doesn't belong to Pike, it refers to its location. It is on Pike Place.

Thank you zephyr....I appreciate having correct info even if other's choose to take offense over nothing.

Archived