Just back - Le Boreal - Antarctica

mj_holiday

Just got back from a 10 day cruise to the Antarctica and had a fantastic time. I have submitted a member review that should eventually get posted. I will also do a more day to day review here after I get some order to our pictures. We had a great time and will have great memories of all we did during this trip.

• 8 months later...

I am really looking forward to reading your stuff.

One of the odder things I'd like to know is, 'ow French eez eet?

No problem for me, but English is already my wife's second language (she's fine in English) and she doesn't understand French at all.

Edited by Shawnino

• 3 weeks later...

Thanks so much for your informative review of your Antarctic cruise! We are considering booking this ship or the Silver Explorer for the same cruise and your review was helpful. One question that we have been unable to get an answer to is regarding the cocktails, beer and wine offered. It looks like those are complimentary at lunch and dinner and maybe after dinner but it is unclear. We also aren't sure what types might be offered. One of our friends is also interested whether lattes and cappuccinos are available and included. Any help you can give would be appreciated! Thanks!

Yes when it happened to the Sea Explorer lin Feb they did an immediate "draw out of a hat" names of people who could join ships with vacant cabins over the next couple of days. It happened in my hotels foyer so I saw who was managing to get immediate trips etc.

Others were given cruise credits and flew home to claim the flights etc on insurance. I always ensure my travel insurance covers cancellation of voyage.

Lady on trip advisor polar forum has just returned from her replacement trip.

Doesnt help with the big let down you are feeling today but hopefully you can get on a ship in the next day or two - especially with it being early season.