Formal night attire X2

farmgirl65

I don't wear the same dress but unless it is something unusual, I doubt anyone would remember you wearing the same one.

As was the case with a "fluffy" woman who wore the same revealing, skintight, bright red cocktail dress for every formal night on a seven-week cruise--and who seemed to grow more fluffy every time she wore the dress! It was at the point where it appeared she was going to have a "wardrobe malfunction" toward the end of the cruise.....

I've done it but I prefer to have two different dresses. At least I'll try to wear the same shoes with both dresses.

I think most people get fluffier over the course of a cruise. So if you do have two dresses, wear the tighter one first. :) I can't imagine how fluffy I would get on a 7-week cruise! :eek:

• 2 weeks later...

If you do wear same dress then if you can switch up everything else, shoes, purse, jewelry. And I agree it should not be an unusual dress, something basic.

Unless you dont care if anyone else knows it is the same dress.

I tend to be an overpacker, but with a 12-day Med cruise coming up, I'm going to have to rewear some things. I agree that no one would notice/care, and I'm sure lots of people rewear their outfits...I wouldn't notice either way. As was said, perhaps if you wore something super showy that you'd really stand out from everyone else then SOMEONE might remember, but does that matter? Enjoy!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

Although I haven't been to a cruise (yet!) I wouldn't think it would matter. Not unless you were wearing hot pink or neon where people would remember. Try adding differently jewelry or a wrap/jacket for the second night then no one will be able to tell at all.

I have two 3-piece formal pantsuits I bought on ebay. I also have several alternate jackets I also bought on ebay. So, I take the shell and pants from one of the pantsuits and two jackets to wear with it. They look like completely different outfits.