Information on hair cuts, blow dry and styles in salon. Cost?

AmberTeka

I have always wondered about the Salon. I have been tempted to get a shampoo and style for formal night but never have. I am not a spa person but...

Does anyone have experience with getting a hair cut in the Salon? Blow Dry? Style with curling iron and comb out?

Were you happy? and the Price....approximately....Is tip included? I pay $45 now + gratuity and is usually $20. He is fantastic. and a very dear person. I think that is a reasonable price. I mean I look at my hair everyday. And if it is a mess..........so am I. My hair is short.

When on a cruise, after shore trips, etc. I can get to looking like something the cat would not drag in........so I would appreciate any information.

Edited by AmberTeka

This was just asked on the Princess board. Prices should be very similar on Carnival.

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1969070

That is where I got the idea. We are booked on Carnival for this March. Princess this November.

Princess is usually higher. That thread said that some ships charged up to $100 for a haircut. That is too much for my purse. I don't have that much hair.

But $45 + a tip seems OK to me. for a cut or a shampoo, curling iron set and comb out.

I have been checking with the papers that come every evening with the FunTimes for Hair prices. I see hot stone massages..other relaxing therapy things..NO Hair prices.

So has anyone had their hair done on Carnival? Are prices standard? OR like Princess.whatever the ship charges is what they want to charge.

The Dream? anyone know prices?Thank you.

I have had haircuts (twice) and many blowouts onboard. I would definitely NOT get a haircut ever again on a ship. Blowout is pretty harmless, if they don't style it exactly to your liking, you can always tweak it a bit back in your cabin. You can't undo a bad cut. :mad:

My hair is a bit longer than yours, it sounds like, just past the shoulder (I think they call it medium length), and I believe it usually cost about $59, plus I give them an appropriate tip. Short hair maybe $49? These prices are from about December 2012 on Magic. I didn't visit the salon on my November 2013 cruise. Prices could have increased.

I have had haircuts (twice) and many blowouts onboard. I would definitely NOT get a haircut ever again on a ship. Blowout is pretty harmless, if they don't style it exactly to your liking, you can always tweak it a bit back in your cabin. You can't undo a bad cut. :mad:

My hair is a bit longer than yours, it sounds like, just past the shoulder (I think they call it medium length), and I believe it usually cost about $59, plus I give them an appropriate tip. Short hair maybe $49? These prices are from about December 2012 on Magic. I didn't visit the salon on my November 2013 cruise. Prices could have increased.

Thanks. I will get a shampoo, curling iron and set.

The woman who cut my hair for a long time had a child, and is a stay at home Mom now. She was an artist. So for two years..only bad haircuts. Now I have found someone who has done two good cuts on my hair so I will stick to him.

I only go to the Salon for hair cuts. If my hair is cut right....I am fine. If it is not...then nothing else much matters.

I do wonder what a Hot Stone treatment is and how does it feel. I don't see it. But they advertise it a lot so it must be popular.

thanks again.

Edited by AmberTeka