I got out and used my camera today...

pierces

Visiting in Virginia with our son, his wife and our two grandson. The youngest just turned two years old last weekend. The older will be four in early October. Great fun to see them growing up, developing their personalities, etc. Below are three pictures of them, plus two nature shots that I captured in their backyard today. Not as good as the water lily superstar picture posted recently. But, this was good picture-skill testing and experience using my Nikon D7100 with the Nikkor 18-140mm lens. That camera set-up worked so well for our Jan.-Feb. 2014 Australia-New Zealand adventure.

THANKS! Enjoy! Terry in Ohio

Back from doing a 14-day Celebrity Solstice, Jan. 20-Feb. 3, 2014, Sydney to Auckland adventure on this ship and getting a big sampling for the wonders of "down under” before and after this cruise. Go to:

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1974139

for much more information and lots of wonderful pictures on these amazing sights in this great part of the world. Now at 70,301 views for this fun posting.

Here are two "nature" shots captured today. First, is the butterfly working the colorful flower. Next, is a bumble bee doing its thing with a sunflower.:

Aug3PixsA1_zps87035f3c.jpg

Aug3PixsA2_zps8b23950f.jpg

Now, the two grandsons!! First, the two-year-old on the right and the older grandson, nearly age four, on the left, as they are doing their "work" in the garden area. Second, they are doing a little rough-housing with my wife on the front porch of our son's Virginia home. Third, is another visual of the two grandsons using their equipment to be working in the dirt mound. Look like any child labor law violations?:

Aug3PixsA4_zps934baa20.jpg

Aug3PixsA3_zpsb118415a.jpg

Aug3PixsA5_zps4970628e.jpg

You guess it!:) Everything in the world seems to be made for the righties! We lefties just have to adjust.;)

I wonder if any of the camera manufacturers have ever thought of making a lefty (backwards :D ) camera and if there'd be any demand for it. I think my DH might try it.

I wonder if any of the camera manufacturers have ever thought of making a lefty (backwards :D ) camera and if there'd be any demand for it. I think my DH might try it.

Being a right hander that has never effected me, but I have wondered how awkward it must be for southpaw photographers. I wonder if there would be enough demand to make it economically feasible for the companies to make a second version of their cameras.

Being a right hander that has never effected me, but I have wondered how awkward it must be for southpaw photographers. I wonder if there would be enough demand to make it economically feasible for the companies to make a second version of their cameras.

Lefties make up about 10% of the population in general but the percentage increases if you look at certain populations like artists, politicians and people with diagnosed mental disorders.

I guess the manufacturers would have to take the size of the target audience and decide from there. Economy of scale steers most go-to-market decisions.

My sister's a lefty...we have had several humorous discussions on the topic! :D

Dave

Loved your pics TCLOhio:)

Appreciate your kind comments and follow-up. We are now working on our planned mid March-mid April 2015 Africa (Kenya-Zanzibar-Madagascar-South Africa-Zimbabwe-Botswana) adventure. Had lunch two weeks ago with the retired director of the Columbus Zoo who has taken twelve trips to Africa and worked with Jack Hanna. Fun doing that future research!! More good pictures to come.

Did a June 7-19, 2011, Celebrity Solstice cruise from Barcelona that had stops in Villefranche, ports near Pisa and Rome, Naples, Kotor, Venice and Dubrovnik. Enjoyed great weather and a wonderful trip. Dozens of nice visuals with key highlights, tips, comments, etc., on these postings. We are now at 179,689 views for this live/blog re-cap on our first sailing with Celebrity and much on wonderful Barcelona. Check these postings and added info at:

http://www.boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1426474

I went for a walk along the river today. I need practice before we go to Alaska in a couple of weeks.

DSC01426ad_zps3b3ad9ea.png

Is Portland the Osprey capital of the country?

DSC01379_zps157ac5c4.jpg

I'd be thrilled if I came out of Alaska with a picture like one of the osprey for an eagle.

Vic

I went for a walk along the river today. I need practice before we go to Alaska in a couple of weeks.

DSC01426ad_zps3b3ad9ea.png

Is Portland the Osprey capital of the country?

DSC01379_zps157ac5c4.jpg

I'd be thrilled if I came out of Alaska with a picture like one of the osprey for an eagle.

Vic

The snap shot of the bird is wonderful!!

Great pictures Terry.

tommui987: I agree! Terry: Like your review but I would like to see your photos if you have a web page or have them on some web site.

Appreciate these nice comments. YES to tommui987' date=' I need to do some type of website. [b']Excellent suggestion.[/b] Have lots and lots of visuals. From visits to twenty two different countries in Europe, plus many other interesting places, including Cuba, South America. BUT, I'm still working, busy with two grandsons, etc. It's on the future, to-do list. Just need to get a major timing window in order to focus on organizing such an effort.

For details and visuals, etc., from our July 1-16, 2010, Norway Coast/Fjords/Arctic Circle cruise experience from Copenhagen on the Silver Cloud, check out this posting. This posting is now at 152,919 views. Nice to be hitting this high of a level for viewership. Appreciate the interest and follow-up questions/comments!!

http://www.boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1227923

From Saturday night:

SilouetteofaPhotographer.jpg

That is my boyfriend's silhouette, btw. He's a photographer, I'm a photographer. It all balances out.

This is my first photo share on the board, btw, primarily because every time I try to post something, it doesn't work right.

Yaay - success. Great shot - interesting viewpoint. :)

Last weekend I gave my services as a photographer as a gift to my niece for her wedding. I forgot how much I respect folks who do that for a living.:eek:

p468296824-5.jpg

p148644263-5.jpg

7:15 PM

p125319706-5.jpg

2½ hours later

p461610241-5.jpg

Fun day! (Don't ask my feet...you'll get a very different answer!)

Dave

Dave -- all I see are Red X's. No pictures.

Yeah...I made a mistake and uploaded low-res versions to my site. The link addresses changed when I replaced them. The whole wedding is here now: http://galleries.pptphoto.com/katie-rj

p334661246-4.jpg

p92453221-4.jpg

7:15 PM

p79536707-5.jpg

9:45 PM

p440976820-5.jpg

Busy day, tired feet...but fun!

Dave

Edited by pierces

Going through the photos from our niece's wedding for her album and came across this impromptu snap of our darling daughters.

A bride shouldn't face such stiff competition for attention on her wedding day!

Our girls

p779059889-5.jpg

Dave

Going through the photos from our niece's wedding for her album and came across this impromptu snap of our darling daughters.

A bride shouldn't face such stiff competition for attention on her wedding day!

Our girls

p779059889-5.jpg

Dave

Dave, your daughters are beautiful and many I say this entire thread has amazing photography.