Deployment schedule: let the guessing begin!

Personally I think that they have downplayed the construction of Oasis 3 and will continue to do so until sometime after the launch of the Quantum. All of their efforts ( what little of it there has been) have been focused on Quantum.

The big decision will be in the fall as to which TA to take back to the US as I think the same as celebrity_fan that Ovation will spend the summer out of Southampton and Oasis 3 will be out of Barcelona for the summer with both heading to Florida for the winter.

Interesting.

Let's be honest: i think most of us here on CC are more excited for Oasis 3.

I am not, to be honest. More interested in Canada/NE itineraries on Radiance Class, I do not follow the hype about the new giant ships...

In the last posts the focus was on Ovation/Anthem and Oasis 3.

But when Ovation goes to Southampton (instead of Anthem), which second ship should do the itineraries out of Southampton (as Explorer in 2015)?? Adventure might stay in San Juan year-round. Maybe Navigator sails from Southampton, or Independence? Because Explorer seems to be deployed in Australia and Asia...

Maybe there is a changing deployment again in 2016, for some ships:

-Oasis 3: Med from Barcelona, TA, Caribbean (maybe Port Canaveral??)

-Ovation: Europe from Southampton, TA, Caribbean (from Ft. Lauderdale)

-Anthem: Americas from Cape Liberty

-Independence or Navigator: Europe from Southampton?

-Liberty: Caribbean from Galveston

-Explorer: Australia and Asia

Edited by celebrity_fan

Ok, so if I book the Freedom for April 2015 out of PC and purchase my flights, is there a chance she will change ports??? To Asia?

Anything can happen, but I think it's very unlikely that Freedom is leaving Port Canaveral before April 2015.

IF Freedom is due to move to Asia, than not prior to April 2016!! ;)

Freedom can be booked all the year round 2015, she is based year-round from Port Canaveral until April 2016.

And I can hardly believe that she moves to Asia as well, after RCI sends three additional ships to that destination next year. Than, there are enough ships deployed in Asia...

In 2016, I believe Freedom is based in Port Canaveral again, maybe until one Oasis ship moves to Port Canaveral (if so at all...).

Edited by celebrity_fan

I don't know whether it could be possible that a Freedom-Class-ship will be deployed in Southampton in 2016, in order to replace Explorer?

So maybe Ovation (or Anthem) from Southampton in 2016, and Freedom or Independence? Or maybe Navigator...

IMHO it is definitely fact that a replacement for Explorer out of Southampton is needed - and I think Adventure sails from San Juan year-round...

I don't know whether it could be possible that a Freedom-Class-ship will be deployed in Southampton in 2016, in order to replace Explorer?

So maybe Ovation (or Anthem) from Southampton in 2016, and Freedom or Independence? Or maybe Navigator...

IMHO it is definitely fact that a replacement for Explorer out of Southampton is needed - and I think Adventure sails from San Juan year-round...

Since we are losing Independence out of Southampton in a few weeks, I would certainly love another Freedom class ship but I don't see them sending Indy back so soon.

Adventure currently sails out of Southampton during the summer - she does her TA to San Juan in November and will then stay there - Explorer is her replacement.

Edited by jo24

Adventure currently sails out of Southampton during the summer - she does her TA to San Juan in November and will then stay there - Explorer is her replacement.

That's right that Explorer sails from Southampton in 2015... but, in 2016, she will be operating in Asian and Australien waters, so Explorer needs a replacement as well.

For 2016, I thought about Navigator, Freedom or Indy from Southampton, together with a Quantum Class ship (either Ovation or Anthem)...

IMHO it is very likely that Adventure stays in San Juan year-round...

Edited by celebrity_fan

That's right that Explorer sails from Southampton in 2015... but, in 2016, she will be operating in Asian and Australien waters, so Explorer needs a replacement as well.

For 2016, I thought about Navigator, Freedom or Indy from Southampton, together with a Quantum Class ship (either Ovation or Anthem)...

I'm aware that Explorer should have a replacement and as I said, I doubt it would be Independence but I would love it to be a Freedom class.

Royal have only Explorer will sail in Asia on the repositionings from and to Oz!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

Here are some interesting lists for summer 2016, which show some RCI ships.

-Bergen, Norway:

http://www.cruise-norway.no/Arrivals.aspx?zone=8&start=01.05.2016&end=31.10.2016&ports=8

Ship with 90090 GT, listed for May and August 2016 - should be Serenade of the Seas

-Le Havre, France:

http://www.havre-port.com/show/2077

Serenade of the Seas, Brilliance of the Seas, Anthem of the Seas, Adventure of the Seas. I imagine Anthem otS is a placeholder for Ovation otS, and maybe Adventure returns to Europe in 2016, or she is a placeholder for Navigator otS.

Any clue whether Adventure will get the features that Navigator, Explorer and Voyager also have (Flow Rider, new cabins, etc...)?

-Portland, USA, Maine

http://www.cruiseportlandmaine.com/why-cruise-here/cruise-schedule/2016-2/

Serenade of the Seas, Brilliance of the Seas, Grandeur of the Seas, the RESERVED one should be Anthem otS...

-Le Havre, France:

http://www.havre-port.com/show/2077

Serenade of the Seas, Brilliance of the Seas, Anthem of the Seas, Adventure of the Seas. I imagine Anthem otS is a placeholder for Ovation otS, and maybe Adventure returns to Europe in 2016, or she is a placeholder for Navigator otS.

Any clue whether Adventure will get the features that Navigator, Explorer and Voyager also have (Flow Rider, new cabins, etc...)?

-Portland, USA, Maine

http://www.cruiseportlandmaine.com/why-cruise-here/cruise-schedule/2016-2/

Serenade of the Seas, Brilliance of the Seas, Grandeur of the Seas, the RESERVED one should be Anthem otS...

Ovation of the seas will not be ready until Fall 2016 so it is possible that Anthem of the Seas will be based in Southampton Summer 2016.

Legend of the Seas now appears in Port Schedules for Cairns, Darwin and Hong Kong for 2016/17 period. Who knows which older ships will be leaving the Royal fleet with the big newbies arriving in 16/17.