Celebrity Solstice or RCCL Freedom of the Seas?

We are first time cruisers getting ready to book a cruise for Jan '12 to the Eastern Caribbean. I feel like I've been looking at so much info that I am stuck in the decision making process! Help! Any input is appreciated. :D

They are both around the same price, so that really isn't a factor.

the Solstice goes to San Juan, St Thomas, and St Martaan.

The Freedom sails from Port Canaveral to St Thomas, St. Martaan, and Cococay.

So the only difference would be the ports we leave from, and do we want San Juan or Cococay? And Celebrity vs RCCL? Help!

Both cruise lines are owned by the same company. Celebrity is marketed at a half or full star ahead of RCCL. Celebrity a bit older clientele than RCCL. Personally I would prefer Celebrity and itinerary but you really can't go wrong with either.

I have been on sisters of both ships and would happily do either of them again.

What are you looking for. The Freedom has more activities and a younger crowd. The Solstice is more elegant and perhaps a little better food.

I suggest looking at the ship amenities and such and see what you would appeals to you the most and choose that way.

Celebrity will be a bit more elegant than Royal and although they both will have a mixed demographic, Celebrity overall attracts a slightly older cruiser. The Freedom will attract more families and a slightly younger crowd due to the rock climbing wall, ice skating rink, mini golf...etc...that are located on the ship.

If you are fairly active and are into sports or will be taking kids or teens with you who will enjoy all those amneities, I suggest Royal.

If you are looking for a more sedate(but still fun) experience with less kids onboard and a slightly older crowd overall than Celebrity.

Both will be great though.

Enjoy!

thanks for all of your help everyone! I still have not made a decision, but hope to over the next few days. We are in our mid 30's, and will be leaving the kids at home. It's an anniversary trip. We aren't big into parties and the bar, but I don't want to be dressed up all the time either. I like the Celebrity itinerary better, but I think the feel of Royal would appeal to us more. As my hubby says, I just need to make a decision and move on with it! lol!

We did the explorer of the seas in 2004 , last week we did Celebrity Century..

It was 2 totally different cruises in my opinion and prefered the Century by far... even though it was older and 1/2 the size..

In 04 we were also mid 30's crowd with kids left home..

In both cases we were in suites.. although the mini suite on Royal really wasn't .. I was disappointed in the service even though I tipped way above what was expected..

The Century blew me away , both by the quality of service and food..

Archived