Singles question

bones774

Im looking at a cruise leaving NY, it is an 8 day carnival cruise. Looks like a steal at 299pp and 200 OBC per cabin. Can i just buy 2 tickets (one under my sons name if need be) and just not use that one ticket? It seems cheaper to buy the 2 and use the 200 OBC, what could i apply that OBC to? The singles discount option on the travel website i use has nothing close to that price. thanks

PS-Will I be able to save any of the port security fees and/or taxes also? on the one unused ticket?

That does seem like a fantastic price! (Care to share the date of the sailing please?)

You should be able to just book it as one person in the cabin. You would get charged a "single supplement" (depends on the specifics of that sailing, but could be anywhere up to 100%). And you'd only pay the taxes and port charges once.

the single supplement would probably equal an additional fare? But would be better if it reduced taxes and port charges. the date is 1/28/14

Plus the 200 obc is from an online t/a and might not get from Carnival direct.

Some cruise lines charge the same single supplement for all cabins (like 75% or 100%) while others charge different supplements for different grades of cabin (like 75% for inside, 100% for balcony). To make it more confusing, some change for different sailings. I would call the cruise line or the TA offering the deal to see what the single supplement would be.

FYI- The rate posted is a special ny resident rate and therefore no OBC is included. However the regular sale rate is $329 pp, so if you do the math 2x 329=658 and then apply 200 obc = 458 thats a better deal than using the NY resident rate w/o any OBC.

and the single supplement is 100% but only pay port taxes for one.

Is the OBC from the online ta per cabin or per person? If it's per cabin wouldn't they give you the $200 regardless? If you really want to go, I would book it now as things can change fast. But that's just my opinion. YMMV :D

I would go myself but I am already booked on one. Anything to get out of the Big Apple in January.

Is the OBC from the online ta per cabin or per person? If it's per cabin wouldn't they give you the $200 regardless? If you really want to go, I would book it now as things can change fast. But that's just my opinion. YMMV :D

I would go myself but I am already booked on one. Anything to get out of the Big Apple in January.

It is listed as per cabin. The t/a was very quick to say the obc would not be applied, b4 she even had a chance to look it up.

What are you saying by giving the obc per cabin regardless?What r u thinking?

It is listed as per cabin. The t/a was very quick to say the obc would not be applied, b4 she even had a chance to look it up.

What are you saying by giving the obc per cabin regardless?What r u thinking?

:confused: The t/a said it would *not* be applied? Why not?

If the OBC is $200 per person, it should be $200 even if there's one person in the cabin.

If the OBC is $200 per cabin, it would still be $200 for one person in the cabin.

:confused: The t/a said it would *not* be applied? Why not?

If the OBC is $200 per person, it should be $200 even if there's one person in the cabin.

If the OBC is $200 per cabin, it would still be $200 for one person in the cabin.

It's probably neither of the above. Every such offer I've ever seen is worded something similar to "$200 per cabin, $100 for singles."

This way the cruise line (or TA, whichever is offering the OBC) only pays singles $100 and at the same time avoids paying $300 or $400 for triple or quad-occupancy cabins.

I wish it were true, 200 per cabin would be fine with me. The online site has this statement.

"Promotions may not be combinable with all fares."

Oh, so no OBC for that fare at all then? It's still probably a decent deal for the cruise, but not a super-duper deal that would have included OBC.

Bones

What I was thinking was that whether you had one or two you should still get obc. Of course now that you've posted the "fine print". I understand better why you might not.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk

Archived