NCL Breakaway Spring Break Cruise Video

Chesneygirl

We have cruised many times as a family but this was the first as just mother and daughter. I have dedicated this video to my daughter for her love of life and a great spirit for adventure. I hope you enjoy!!

Vimeo link for best quality:https://vimeo.com/93081544

Youtube link:http://youtu.be/mulIWP6vrQE

Another great video!! I sailed the Breakaway last summer to Bermuda and it was great to see the different venues again. I'm looking forward to your next cruise vacation! By the way, if you haven't checked it out yet, see my "Happy on the Century" video in the forum.

Another great video!! I sailed the Breakaway last summer to Bermuda and it was great to see the different venues again. I'm looking forward to your next cruise vacation! By the way, if you haven't checked it out yet, see my "Happy on the Century" video in the forum.

Thanks for watching! You aren't going to have to wait too long for my next cruise video. We are taking a family cruise to Bermuda in June to celebrate my son's high school graduation. He will be taking 3 of his friends along...all cruise newbies! Should be fun!!

Nice clip! Thanks for sharing! :D

Thanks for watching!!

Very nice! I'm assuming you are using a DSLR...what body/lens are you using?

Looks like several shots are from a tripod, do you have a mini travel one or do you just bring a regular one?

Great job!

Very nice! I'm assuming you are using a DSLR...what body/lens are you using?

Looks like several shots are from a tripod, do you have a mini travel one or do you just bring a regular one?

Great job!

Thanks for watching!

Yes I was using a DSLR Canon T3i.

I used 3 different lens but the primary one that I used most of the time was a Tamron 24-70mm F/2.8 with vibration control, followed by a Tokina 11-16 F/2.8.

Then I used a Canon Zoom lens 50-250 for a few shots like the big one of Atlanits. That was actually taken from my balcony on the ship!

Quite a few shots were handheld..I held my breath and tried very hard to stand still while I was shooting..lol.

I also used a monopod. It's one of the best purchases I could of made. You should check it out - It's worth every penny and travels well!

Manfrotto 561BHDV-1 Fluid Video Monopod and Head

Looking forward to your next video!!

Edited by Chesneygirl

Thanks for watching!

Yes I was using a DSLR Canon T3i.

I used 3 different lens but the primary one that I used most of the time was a Tamron 24-70mm F/2.8 with vibration control, followed by a Tokina 11-16 F/2.8.

Then I used a Canon Zoom lens 50-250 for a few shots like the big one of Atlanits. That was actually taken from my balcony on the ship!

Quite a few shots were handheld..I held my breath and tried very hard to stand still while I was shooting..lol.

I also used a monopod. It's one of the best purchases I could of made. You should check it out - It's worth every penny and travels well!

Wow...that's a nice monopod. I carry a slik stik....but it doesn't have the fluid head, and it's not quite tall enough for me. I carry a very similar compliment of lenses plus a gopro with a glidecam. You get better motion and stills than I do though, I tend to use the SVG warp stabilizer in Adobe PP but it sometimes gives that coke bottle look that makes you wonder why it's there.

Great job, I'm making my shot list now for the next cruise...this time with all 3 kiddos, so there is a lot more opportunity for fun shots.

Looking forward to your next video. Happy cruising!

Well, I went to buy one and they have been discontinued. B&H instead had a Manfrottto Fluid Monopod with 500 series head that was the supposed replacement, so I ordered one. Hopefully I'll like it....it has good reviews. We shall soon see...

Well, I went to buy one and they have been discontinued. B&H instead had a Manfrottto Fluid Monopod with 500 series head that was the supposed replacement, so I ordered one. Hopefully I'll like it....it has good reviews. We shall soon see...

Have you ever ordered from B and H?

That's the only place I will get my camera gear from...they are the best!!

Here's a video of this guy that I follow on Youtube and Vimeo.

He is a wealth of information on DSLR tips and tricks and talks in plain words so that you can understand.

He's the one that turned me on to the Manfrtotto Monopod.

I'm sorry that my particular model was discontinued. Kind of strange since it was such a great seller. I'm sure the newer version will work just as good!.

FYI - if the ball pops at the bottom where the 3 legs come out just use some WD40 and it should be fine. That's what we did with mine and never had a problem after that. I've taken mine everywhere. It has withstood a lot of elements including sand and salt water. i just make sure to rinse it off once I'm done with it.

I hope you enjoy it as much as I do mine!!

I can't wait to see your video!!

Have you ever ordered from B and H?

That's the only place I will get my camera gear from...they are the best!!

Here's a video of this guy that I follow on Youtube and Vimeo.

He is a wealth of information on DSLR tips and tricks and talks in plain words so that you can understand.

He's the one that turned me on to the Manfrtotto Monopod.

I'm sorry that my particular model was discontinued. Kind of strange since it was such a great seller. I'm sure the newer version will work just as good!.

FYI - if the ball pops at the bottom where the 3 legs come out just use some WD40 and it should be fine. That's what we did with mine and never had a problem after that. I've taken mine everywhere. It has withstood a lot of elements including sand and salt water. i just make sure to rinse it off once I'm done with it.

I hope you enjoy it as much as I do mine!!

I can't wait to see your video!!

Awesome. Yes, I get most of my gear from B&H...it's a standard for my family to get me gift cards for my birthday and Christmas.

One do the concerns I had was actually with salt water and sand with that little ball on the feet. I'm glad you addressed that.

So how stable is your camera on that? Probably not stand up by itself in the wind? I'm afraid it would be too top heavy.

I purchased (at Walmart) a package of small coin size velcro stickies. I stuck one side to a penny and the other side directly to the monopod. I did this as a way to always have a "flat tool" available to unscrew the monopod plate from the bottom of the camera when needed. Otherwise I would be forever searching through my things for a coin to unscrew the the plate from the camera.

Hopefully my rambling makes sense to you! :p

Awesome. Yes, I get most of my gear from B&H...it's a standard for my family to get me gift cards for my birthday and Christmas.

One do the concerns I had was actually with salt water and sand with that little ball on the feet. I'm glad you addressed that.

So how stable is your camera on that? Probably not stand up by itself in the wind? I'm afraid it would be too top heavy.

It is surprisingly quite stable. I have let it stand on it's own but I am never very far away from it just in case it does fall. My lenses cost way too money to take that risk.

In this Cape Cod video that I shot last summer, I would say 99% of the shots were all taken on that monopod. https://vimeo.com/70259899 as wall as this one from after the Boston Bombings: https://vimeo.com/65097736

We have cruised many times as a family but this was the first as just mother and daughter. I have dedicated this video to my daughter for her love of life and a great spirit for adventure. I hope you enjoy!!

Vimeo link for best quality:https://vimeo.com/93081544

Youtube link:http://youtu.be/mulIWP6vrQE

Chesneygirl,

You make some wonderful videos and always choose perfect music for the sound track. I always enjoy watching. Keep up the great work!

Ron