Stingray City...

DCNadeau

Going to be in port next week on the Carnival Legend. I’m with a group of 12 people and we are looking to go to stingray city but have not booked through the cruise line.

Does anyone know if there will be tour groups in the port that we can purchase a tour through once we get to the port? Or is it better to book beforehand online or with the cruise line?

Thanks!

We just got back on Sunday. We booked through Native Way Water Sports before we left on our cruise...It was a great tour. they had a driver meet us at the port who drove us to the Marina where we were met by Capt. Chris. It was a great experience. Can not say enough about our day. We went to Sting Ray City and also snorkelled at a couple of stops. It was a day to remember.

Edited by EWM

They usually have vendors at the port offering trips to Stingray Sandbar, however, usually it's just a generic trip there and from what I have heard/read, it's not the same experience if you want to do more or not be on a crowded boat for the excursion.

• 4 months later...

Is it possible to just do Stingray City without the tour or the snorkelling? I have toured Grand Cayman and I don't swim so I don't snorkel.

I just want to go to Stingray City and then head to 7 Mile Beach.

Is this an option? Can I get something this abbreviated at the port or is there a website for Stingray City only? Everything I have found online is Stingray City plus snorkelling.

Thanks.

• 3 months later...
Is it possible to just do Stingray City without the tour or the snorkelling? I have toured Grand Cayman and I don't swim so I don't snorkel.

I just want to go to Stingray City and then head to 7 Mile Beach.

Is this an option? Can I get something this abbreviated at the port or is there a website for Stingray City only? Everything I have found online is Stingray City plus snorkelling.

Thanks.

You can also book through Stingray City United at stingraycityunited.com. The tour that they offer has a National Geographic Underwater photo exhibit and Stingray City trip. I booked with them and it was a wonderful experience. The photos were amazing and the trip to Stingray City was even more so. It was also affordable.

Yes it most definitely was affordable, I booked with Stingray City United recently and even got a discount from the website. I really enjoyed the tour and never felt like I was being over charged because you got to see a whole lot more than just Stingray City.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I tried the last minute thing at the port and it did not workout well for us. Our boat left us so another one took us out there and we had to be walking through Stingray City with our belongings over our heads as we made our way to our original boat. If you can book beforehand online it would most likely be more organized than a last minute rush.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk