Honduras Cigars

Reisebiene

Hello,

can we buy Cigars from Honduras on Roatan?

Where?

Thanks

Yes. At one time there was a store at the Coxen Hole pier owned by an American ex-pat that had a smoking room and humidor...don't recall the name but it was on the second story above the pharmacy. Not sure if they have a location in MBCC. Or even still around since I haven't docked at Coxen Hole since 2009.

Also, Yaba Ding Ding in Coxen Hole sold Honduran cigars. They claimed to have Cubans but they aren't LCDH so be wary of any cigars labeled Cuban. I hear Yaba's is or was for sale so not sure if still open or if merchandise has changed. Luna Beach Resort has Hondurans in their gift shop. I'm sure there are other places around.

• 2 weeks later...

When we were there in October, we were at the port in Coxen Hole. Several shops sold cigars, but there was also a man handrolling them right on the pier. He had several different kinds and sizes.

• 1 month later...

Anyone know of any cigar plantations to visit? Or best place to get cigars? Most of the time the tourist places sell rip-offs. How are prices? How many can be brought back (aware of bringing Cubans with labels is a no-no). Hubby is a real cigar affecianado.

Anyone know of any cigar plantations to visit? Or best place to get cigars? Most of the time the tourist places sell rip-offs. How are prices? How many can be brought back (aware of bringing Cubans with labels is a no-no). Hubby is a real cigar affecianado.

Watchdiva can correct me if I'm wrong, but I think, most of the Honduran tobacco farms are on the mainland and they bring the cigars and some leaves for rolling an dwrapping over via ferry, like they do the raw coffee beans. Both port areas have vendors with cigars. There's a couple of shops in downtown Coxen Hole that carry them and I'm sure there are shops in French Harbour and Oak Harbor as well. I believe I saw them offered at 90 limpra in the kiosk at Mahogany bay two weeks ago, but the guy wasn't around and I didn't look further since I don't smoke.

Yes. At one time there was a store at the Coxen Hole pier owned by an American ex-pat that had a smoking room and humidor...don't recall the name but it was on the second story above the pharmacy. Not sure if they have a location in MBCC. Or even still around since I haven't docked at Coxen Hole since 2009.

Also, Yaba Ding Ding in Coxen Hole sold Honduran cigars. They claimed to have Cubans but they aren't LCDH so be wary of any cigars labeled Cuban. I hear Yaba's is or was for sale so not sure if still open or if merchandise has changed. Luna Beach Resort has Hondurans in their gift shop. I'm sure there are other places around.

The store at Coxen Hole was there in March 2010, pharmacy downstairs, smoking room upstairs. We asked to buy a Coca Cola at the pharmacy and we were went upstairs. Had the place to ourselves and enjoyed the cokes. It has a lovely view & is air conditioned. We did not purchase cigars here.

We did buy some for BIL from the man who hand rolls them on the pier. We are not smokers, BIL had purchased these previously and enjoyed them.

The shop above the pharmacy is the old location of the LCDH. It has moved to the new pier complex across the street. I'll be visiting the new location in September. I don't mean to be rude but you don't have to buy Honduran cigars in Honduras. You can get them anywhere in the U.S. Buy them here and take them with you on the ship. When in Roatan I'd suggest visiting the LCDH and experience cigars that you can't get here; Cuban! LCDH's (La Casa del Habano) are franchise shops through the Cuban government, so you know you're getting the real deal. The prices in Roatan are pretty decent too. It's a good way to see what all the buzz is about. Cuban cigars are very good. You can take them back on the ship with you but bringing them back to the U.S. is not recommended. They can be confiscated and you can be fined.

C.D....Wait'll you see all the hawkers of Cubans in Coz these days. Every one has the same 5 pack.:D And they hawk the same pack on the beach in Costa Maya too.:eek:

There is a hand rolling Honduran guy in the crafts kiosk just left of the coffee seller in Mahogany Bay. He wasn't around in th elater afternoon when we were there so didn't get so see him or talk to him.

C.D....Wait'll you see all the hawkers of Cubans in Coz these days. Every one has the same 5 pack.:D And they hawk the same pack on the beach in Costa Maya too.:eek:

There is a hand rolling Honduran guy in the crafts kiosk just left of the coffee seller in Mahogany Bay. He wasn't around in th elater afternoon when we were there so didn't get so see him or talk to him.

And I'll bet they were all in glass top boxes? :D

The Honduran guy sounds interesting. I'll check him out...but I'll definitely be going to the new location of the LCDH!

And I'll bet they were all in glass top boxes? :D

The Honduran guy sounds interesting. I'll check him out...but I'll definitely be going to the new location of the LCDH!

Hello Cigar Dude! My DH is a cigar smoker and loves the Cubans! LOL How much would you pay for a good cuban cigar at LCDH? :confused:

Hello Cigar Dude! My DH is a cigar smoker and loves the Cubans! LOL How much would you pay for a good cuban cigar at LCDH? :confused:

Has anyone seen Cigar Dude lately? I would love for him to answer my question. If you see him could you please direct him to this post? Thanks in advance for any help! :)

It depends on what brand and which LCDH you're in, of course, but expect to pay around $15 for a good robusto, like a PSD4, in Mexico and places like Grand Caymen. They should run a little less in Roatan.

It depends on what brand and which LCDH you're in, of course, but expect to pay around $15 for a good robusto, like a PSD4, in Mexico and places like Grand Caymen. They should run a little less in Roatan.

Thanks for the info! Do you think its worth the chance to purchase cigars from the guy that is hand rolling them at the pier in Roatan?

Thanks for the info! Do you think its worth the chance to purchase cigars from the guy that is hand rolling them at the pier in Roatan?

I've heard they are tasty cigars but they're not Cuban. I believe they are rolled with Honduran tobacco.

• 7 months later...

After looking around we found a great location for buying Honduran and Cuban cigars in Roatan. They actually have a good selection of Rocky Patels, Cohibas, H.Upmann, Monte Cristo and many others.

The West End Cigar Bar is located down by the waterfront approx 500 meters from the entrance to the West End village. Good place to have a quiet drink also.

Be sure to check it out, they hold me they have a website also which is at:

http://www.roatancigars.com/

Happy sailing and happy smoking

JohnnyWas

After looking around we found a great location for buying Honduran and Cuban cigars in Roatan.

Lets see, You have made a total of two posts here, both about the same place. Hmmmm Does anyone think your not promoting your own place?That would be reason enough not to do business with you. Had you said you were a business owner, that would be different but to act as if your not is uacceptable

Lets see, You have made a total of two posts here, both about the same place. Hmmmm Does anyone think your not promoting your own place?That would be reason enough not to do business with you. Had you said you were a business owner, that would be different but to act as if your not is uacceptable

These are the types of posts you wish there was a "reach through the screen and slap the poster" button. :D

He answered the O.P.'s question... whether or not he is the owner, saying so and promoting the business would get his posts removed! Maybe he just received good service and thinks its a nice place. :confused:

Where do you work Monkey? I'll be visiting soon and I'd love to meet you! ;) If you give me good service, maybe I'll promote your business! :rolleyes:

He answered the O.P.'s question... whether or not he is the owner, saying so and promoting the business would get his posts removed! :rolleyes:

So Its better to pretend to be a visitor?? The rules do say a business owner can reply as long as they are up front about it ,If you think this two post wonder is not affiliated with the business then so be it, Do you wantto buy waterfront property for cheap??

So Its better to pretend to be a visitor?

Whether they are associated with the business or not, we can all find cigars now... mission accomplished! Would you like to make a useful contribution and offer an alternate establishment? :rolleyes:

I find it interesting how you have appointed yourself to be the forum police, yet you didn't read the rules carefully... or did you read them, but failed to understand? It's okay, it must be hard to argue semantics in a foreign language! ;)

Hi MonkeyLaLa,

Not the business owner, I posted the first thread and then saw the note "** Please post your recommendations ONLY in response to request...do not start a new thread. Thanks!" So then posted here, but was unable to remove the original thread. My mistake, sorry for causing such a big problem. I like cigars, I found a nice place selling cigars and I thought I would share, I thought that was what the forum was all about - maybe I am wrong.

Happy smoking

JohnnyWas

Hi MonkeyLaLa,

Not the business owner, I posted the first thread and then saw the note "** Please post your recommendations ONLY in response to request...do not start a new thread. Thanks!" So then posted here, but was unable to remove the original thread. My mistake, sorry for causing such a big problem. I like cigars, I found a nice place selling cigars and I thought I would share, I thought that was what the forum was all about - maybe I am wrong.

Happy smoking

JohnnyWas

No, not wrong Johnny. Thanks for the info. We all appreciate any and all cigar info. I truely hate that I missed (or could not find) the LCDH when I was in Roatan. This just means I'll have to go back and continue my search! ;)

Archived