Amber Cove: Private Dune buggy excursion?

mjkulp00

We will be sailing to Amber Cove the first of June. Carnival's outback terracross adventure (dune buggy) excursion is sold out. My husband and son (age 11) are bummed. Has anyone done a private tour similar to this? If so, name of company, review, price? Would you do it again? Thanks

• 2 weeks later...

Thank you. I email them and they were very quick to respond and helpful.

What date in May will you be doing the excursion. We are there June 2. I would love to hear about your experience.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

• 4 weeks later...
We will be sailing to Amber Cove the first of June. Carnival's outback terracross adventure (dune buggy) excursion is sold out. My husband and son (age 11) are bummed. Has anyone done a private tour similar to this? If so, name of company, review, price? Would you do it again? Thanks

I don't know if this is too late or not, but we did a Dune Buggy Expedition with Pro Excursions. This was not a private excursion but it was informative, insightful and alot of fun. My family truly enjoyed this excursion and is something we would do again! This expedition took us into the outback of the Dominican Republic, pass fields of sugar canes, a visit to a Batey and also included snacks and a tour of a local farmer's plantation with time for a swim in the Chavron River.

Watch my YouTube video to see what this expedition was all about:

[YOUTUBE]Y2kAVxSrZ7k[/YOUTUBE]

For more information about our experience, you can read my review on TripAdvisor. (Our Buggy Expedition is located in the second half of this review). I have posted lots of photos there as well.

Just realized Amber Cove is in Puerto Plata, Pro Excursions is in Bayahibe, close to the La Romana port. Therefore from Amber Cove, this buggy expedition is too far to be feasible.