Mazatlan-Beach View Restaurant

Travel To Be Free

I just posted on another thread, but thought I'd ask specifically here for a beachfront restaurant in Mazatlan that's a little on the classy side. I've looked through TripAdvisor and Diego’s Beach House looks like a good view, but looks a very beachy/party atmosphere. Then I looked at Mr. Lionso/Playa Bruja, but it looks a little run down. Not wanting four-stars, but something with a beautiful view. Does anyone have any suggestions?

Cabo and Puerto Vallarta are international tourist spots. Mazatlan is a densely populated Mexican working city, with a tourist industry tailored mainly to Mexicans.

The problem in Mazatlan, for what you are seeking, is a spot that you will feel comfortable in and have safe delicious food, with a nice view. Since you are likely a gringo, being in a crowded locals cafe will likely not tickle your fancy (Mexicans cafe ambiance is different).

Mr. Lionso is not run down. Seems to have started years ago as a beach palapa (older pics are out of date). Since it is such a premier location, and is very popular with gingo's (us), they have invested in a very nice atmosphere (just there a few weeks ago, and have many times in the past). Mazatlan is a working Mexican city, and a snow bird spot for frugal gringo's, Suggest Mr. Lionso., as nice comfortable dining for gingo's in Mazatlan with views is an exception, and it is a beautiful visual Mazatlan tour getting there and back.

A spot very near the ship and very nice bayfront is La Puntilla. It is a very nice spot for locals, and you may (WILL) feel out of place, if you are a gringo. You will not see any cruise passengers there. You will have a very nice harbor front meal surrounded by noisy locals, and the small children may stare at you like you are from another planet.

La Puntilla below

https://www.google.com/maps/place/La+Puntilla/@23.1876815,-106.4180293,177m/data=!3m1!1e3!4m2!3m1!1s0x0000000000000000:0x2cafa080db98670c?hl=en

From your Cabo Hacienda choice "$ is no object"

There is one resort we have never been able to gain entry to in Mazatlan (we can usually get in to most). Seems to suggest a special place with possible expensive special view dining

https://www.google.com/maps/place/Pueblo+Bonito+Emerald+Bay+Resort+%26+Spa/@23.309567,-106.4855739,2417m/data=!3m1!1e3!4m7!1m4!3m3!1s0x86af4af90bd62c1d:0x8561dea62f5d9e11!2sHacienda+Cocina+y+Cantina!3b1!3m1!1s0x0000000000000000:0x7cf6faa8d85d91d7?hl=en

Thanks for this information. I had to chuckle when you said $ is no object. We're pretty conservative, but do love wonderful views. :) I had found a couple restaurants in Old Town that may be good alternatives. Topolo or Pedro & Lola’s. They just don't have the ocean view. Any experience with either of these?

Now that we're looking at our time in Cabo, we may not squeeze in the Hacienda after all. We may grab a taco at one of the Mariana restaurants.

Thanks for this information. I had to chuckle when you said $ is no object. We're pretty conservative, but do love wonderful views. :) I had found a couple restaurants in Old Town that may be good alternatives. Topolo or Pedro & Lola’s. They just don't have the ocean view. Any experience with either of these?

Now that we're looking at our time in Cabo, we may not squeeze in the Hacienda after all. We may grab a taco at one of the Mariana restaurants.

Not too far from the Cabo Marina is Taco Loco and just discovered Las Guacamayas. Taco Loco in the plaza that backs into Cabo Wabo. Las Guacamayas is a block or two over.

We just at one of the restaurants on top of the market in Mazatlan. Absolutely no view.

We spend two weeks in Mazatlan every summer. If you want to be adventurous, there are a number of Palapa restaurants directly on the beach below the Malecon. The one we go to is near the fisherman's monument and is called Playa Azul. Have been going for about 15 years. Started going there as it is the only one with a wheelchair ramp. We get the pescado zerandeado. They bring out a number of fish for you to pick from and then place it on the grill. Fantastic. The restaurant is simple and most of the clientele was Mexican. Last June when we were there, there were two groups celebrating something with two different Mariachi bands playing. Is right on the beach with beautiful views, simple with wooden tables and plastic chairs but truly fantastic food. They speak and understand English.

If you want a more traditional restaurant, I would second Panchos in the Gold Zone of either Chilli Peper or Tony's. The latter two are next to each other and have good food with a view that may be better than Pancho. They are in the Hotel Zone and there are only hotels near them. The advantage of Pancho's is you can wander around the Gold Zone and see the typical tourist shops as well as a number that are higher end with unique Mexican arts and Jewelers.

You can also just walk from the cruise terminal to the center of town and see the cathederal, the market which is an experience due to the fresh fish, meat, whole pigs head, vegetables and the usual souvenirs. From Centro it is a short walk to the Malecon with is an experience and then walk up to the Malecon. There are a number of restaurants that you can sit across from the ocean and have some drinks or a good Mexican Meal. One we like is La Copa de Leche. You can then walk along the Malecon and see some interesting sculptures and then catch a pulmonia or cab back to the pier.