Coki beach

kimgoose

Cruising on the escape in a few weeks. In St Thomas, would like to go to a beach and maybe some snorkeling. We were thinking of coki beach. It looks close, so inexpensive taxi ride, it has snorkeling, music an food/drinks. Any other ideas?

• 2 weeks later...

Coki is a good choice if you like a livelier vibe. Sapphire and SH are home to condo properties and also have food & drink, a dive center, and snorkeling and are about the same taxi fare. So it is really just a matter of the experience you want. Coki is a gorgeous beach.

We went to Coki about a month ago and loved it. It's so beautiful. We took a safari taxi which was $9 per person (I think it's if if you have 3 or more people). I'll warn you that the taxi did make a couple other stops so it took around 45 minutes but it was a pretty drive seeing the mountains (and a bit crazy too with the constant turns and hills).

The beach is lively and fun. There were people there but it's not like we were walking over each other so we didn't find it an issue. It was easy to get a chair and people came around for food orders. You could rent things too.

We loved it and wouldn't hesitate to return. I have pictures on my report starting at post 96.

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=2345424&page=5