Category Q vs. Category Z?

JENOSU

My husband and I are taking our first RCI cruise on the Navigator on March 23. I just called to ask for a price adjustment and it changed us from cat q to cat z, which hadn't been available before. From the look of the deck plan, category q looks like the least desirable location, however category z is less expensive. I have some questions I hope someone can answer.

Why did this option just appear?

Am I more likely to get an upgrade with z than with a q? (We had previously been assigned a room at the very front of the ship on deck 7.)

Why is z cheaper if they are both inside guarantees?

Thanks!

Location. All of the inside cabins are equally tiny. It's simply location---anything in the center part of the ship is considered more desirable, as are upper decks, because they're closer to the "action".

Any gty. booking is more likely to get upgraded than booking a specific cabin, but there are no "guarantees" regarding upgrades!

Book the best you can afford, and keep your fingers crossed! Good luck!

I just looked up your cruise. It looks like a Q is a guarantee on Deck 7 and a Z is a guarantee for any location. You could get an interior cabin assigned anywhere. I am guessing that is why it is less expensive.

Now, the interior cabins on the Majesty and Monarch are tiny - 119 square feet. Yours is 150 something. I've had that size cabin on the Splendour (it was an oceanview). I think that you'll find that it's very well laid out and that you will have plenty of room.

Archived