Serenade of the Seas picture heavy fun review–12 day Med cruise incl DIY port trips!

Hi Denise,

:pThank you! Whoohoo -- you've read BOTH reviews:). Glad you enjoyed it.

I am yet waiting for a cruise with dinner table mates we can communicate to...This is on the top of my wish list for our upcoming cruise (only 32 more days, whoohoo!)

"Shawls of shame" Ouch -- that hurts--- :obut I guess you're right, it's true.

We did Malta a couple of years ago for a week...just a land vacation ( lol -- we weren't hit by the cruise bug at that time yet). But it was great fun! Out of 7 days we used 5 to explore and 2 to just chill...it was perfect. I would need at least 5 cruises to Malta in order to explore as much as we did...so I guess there is a pro and con for every vacation type.

I 'm no fan of running TV's at night. Even without the sound it would drive me mad. So that sadly doesn't work for me.

I don't know about smart and scientific...but we sure as hell played a bad ass game of soccer against Brazil last tuesday...can't wait for sunday...Hope we bring the cup home! Hold your thumbs!

Stef

Edited by Kreuzfahrtneuling
tuesday---dah...at first wrote thursday

Good luck in the game Stef, there will be 2 mad Irish people here shouting for you ( well the German football team anyways)

30 days, you're so lucky.... I'm starting to get nervous, what if you don't like Ireland, what if its a really wet cold miserable day and you can't wait to get back on the ship, what if you really can't understand our strong accents ....and then you tell the world about us in your review eeeekkk. Lol. Joking of course, i'm sure the weather will cooperate for that very important day - have you decided what you are going to do while you are in Cobh which is pronounced Cove just in case you don't know how to pronounce that strange Irish destination.

We had an absolute ball on our 12 night Serenade and your review was a great help, I'm now really enjoying Kirian's.

You're next cruise is sooooo close now - how exciting!!!! I can't wait to hear all about it!

BTW - in your honor, I will be cheering for Germany today. In fact, I'm going to a party and will be taking a Schwarzwälder Kirschtorte for good luck... and to hopefully impress my friends with my baking skills (fancy, how I used the "official" name there instead of Black Forest Cherry Cake, huh...lol:cool::D)

Melissa

:cool::cool:!!!!!World champions!!!!!:cool::cool:

...and what a thriller of a game.... I'm still in a daze! This is unbelievable! Tarik can now officially sing our national anthem :-) (we forced him to stand up and sing with us:)) ---- of course that made aaaalllll the difference:D!

We rock!!!!!!!!

Stef

Good luck in the game Stef, there will be 2 mad Irish people here shouting for you ( well the German football team anyways)

30 days, you're so lucky.... I'm starting to get nervous, what if you don't like Ireland, what if its a really wet cold miserable day and you can't wait to get back on the ship, what if you really can't understand our strong accents ....and then you tell the world about us in your review eeeekkk. Lol. Joking of course, i'm sure the weather will cooperate for that very important day - have you decided what you are going to do while you are in Cobh which is pronounced Cove just in case you don't know how to pronounce that strange Irish destination.

We had an absolute ball on our 12 night Serenade and your review was a great help, I'm now really enjoying Kirian's.

Hi Cath,

Thanks for shouting for us! It helped!!!! Yipppieee!!!!!

29 more days (well actually 36 days till Ireland) and don't you worry a bit. I'm pretty sure we'll love it no matter what the weather is like...lol -- I've got soooo many rainy weather alternatives planned just in case, I don't care if it hails and storms all cruise long.

yeah I knew about Cobh...but I actually thought it lies between the pronounciation of "cove" and "cough". Correct? As long as the locals don't start speaking gaelic, we'll manage. Lol -- we even practised---wanna know how? we rented out two movies from our local library to watch, where you could switch between oroginal sound (irish:o english) or German dubbing....we chose "Angela's ashes" for what we believe is close to the irish accent --- and "the Commitments" for the Dublin slang....Lol -- it was quite a handful sometimes....but also loads of fun! You guys sure sound funny sometimes:D.

Thanks! Glad if we could be of help! I'm also enjoying Kirians review immensly.

Stef

You're next cruise is sooooo close now - how exciting!!!! I can't wait to hear all about it!

BTW - in your honor, I will be cheering for Germany today. In fact, I'm going to a party and will be taking a Schwarzwälder Kirschtorte for good luck... and to hopefully impress my friends with my baking skills (fancy, how I used the "official" name there instead of Black Forest Cherry Cake, huh...lol:cool::D)

Melissa

Hi Melissa,

Thanks for cheering for us! We did it!!!!! Whhooohoooo!!!!!!!

oh and I LOVE Schwarzwälder Kirschtorte:). But there's no way I could make one myself. I even manage to burn boiling noodles in a pot:rolleyes:....so baking is completely out of the question:D! Guess you'll have to come over here for the next world championship and bake one for all of us!

Absolutely loving your review! Can't wait for the new installments...quit baking, get back to that computer and write:)!

Stef

:cool::cool:!!!!!World champions!!!!!:cool::cool:

...and what a thriller of a game.... I'm still in a daze! This is unbelievable! Tarik can now officially sing our national anthem :-) (we forced him to stand up and sing with us) ---- of course that made aaaalllll the difference:D!

We rock!!!!!!!!

Stef

Excellent game, congratulations!:)

Hi Melissa,

Thanks for cheering for us! We did it!!!!! Whhooohoooo!!!!!!!

oh and I LOVE Schwarzwälder Kirschtorte:). But there's no way I could make one myself. I even manage to burn boiling noodles in a pot:rolleyes:....so baking is completely out of the question:D! Guess you'll have to come over here for the next world championship and bake one for all of us!

Absolutely loving your review! Can't wait for the new installments...quit baking, get back to that computer and write:)!

Stef

CONGRATS STEF!!!!! I was thinking about you and your family last night when Germany won!

The cake turned out great (even though I substituted sour cherry juice for the kirsch since one of the people at the party has an alcohol allergy). I will be more than happy to fly across the pond to bake a cake for your group... in exchange for getting some one-on-one tutorials from you on how to make the perfect cruise binder :D

Melissa

CONGRATS STEF!!!!! I was thinking about you and your family last night when Germany won!

The cake turned out great (even though I substituted sour cherry juice for the kirsch since one of the people at the party has an alcohol allergy). I will be more than happy to fly across the pond to bake a cake for your group... in exchange for getting some one-on-one tutorials from you on how to make the perfect cruise binder

Melissa

Thanks!

lol -- if you want directions for the perfect binder you don't have to travel over the pond...You need to go to Kansas to the Middle aged drama queen:). She inspired all of us wacky cruise planners and review writers...We should build a little shrine:D.

My current binder is scaring me, since it mutated to a gigantic life of its own. I think I might have overdone it this time:D.

Cruise is getting so close -- I want to start packing!!!! But my favourite spare room is occupied with (really welcome and beloved) guests....the daughter of my cousin and her class mate spend parts of their school holidays here with us (well -- actually with our horses)...like they have for the last :eek:10 years:eek:!!! Oh my God...we're getting old.

Still need to buy a new bikini. But havin had guests for 2 weeks hasn't really helped the weight loss plan...but I did start running again... at least something to burn those extra calories...but tomorrow evening, once the girls are safely tugged in the correct train home, I'll start my last minute dieting and sports program...I'll keep you informed about the progress:o.

Stef

!!!only 3 more weeks to go!!!

started my diet yesterday (:)together with Tanja) and lost 800g. Quite tough, but I will continue this initial "intense" one week program. 3 "yokebe" shakes per day...nothing else besides water:eek:. But hey -- 800g are 800g:o. Tanja lost even more -- but I'm not allowed to talk about her weight:D. Did a Zumba workout as well (the weather was too wet to run), but now I'm too weak (duhhh --- no food!) to do any sports...so I guess I'll just concentrate on my regular household stuff and leave the sporty stuff for next week when I can eat two meals a day again und only substitute the biggest meal with a shake. Sounds like heaven right now -- those shakes sure are nasty.

lol -- and you know what's the worst? Since Tarik still has to gain as much weight as possible, I'm cooking high calorie meals for just one person now-- the smell is driving me insane:)!

Stef

Oh, you poor thing!!! I would be positively miserable:mad: I think Tarik owes you a few extra big hugs for cooking him such yummy smelling meals while you torture yourself :p

Just think though, in three weeks, you can eat your heart out, without guilt, aboard a beautiful cruise ship!!!!!!!!

Just think though, in three weeks, you can eat your heart out, without guilt, aboard a beautiful cruise ship!!!!!!!!

:)Oh yes! I can hardly wait!:)

20 more days and 700g less:D!

(1,5kg in 2 days :eek: -- those shakes sure are nasty, but I think I love'em anyway:p)

Bought 2 new bikinis...it was a sale I couldn't resist -- bought em a little tight---so I HAVE to keep on with my diet if I don't want to look like a marshmallow-man. Then again -- who knows if I'll even get to wear them in these northern spheres? Oh God, I'm really getting excited now!

Stef

I can't wait for the next review :)

(and it was one heck of a game--we had so much fun with the whole tournament. Great team this year.)

Hey Hadley,

lol -- and I can't wait to cruise, so I'll have new stuff to tell ya all. Well -- not only because of that -- whoohooo I'm going on a new cruise:D! Getting really excited!

yup -- the WM was great! You might have thought humanity died from extinction during the games our team played....absolute silence and not a soul on the streets....it was kinda creepy sometimes....of course most of the times I just hurried home to do exactly what everybody else did --- be glued to the TV:). :DWeltmeister!!!!!!!!:D

Oh and I loved the blog about your Norway cruise --- absolutely gorgeous pics!

Stef

Hey Hadley,

lol -- and I can't wait to cruise, so I'll have new stuff to tell ya all. Well -- not only because of that -- whoohooo I'm going on a new cruise:D! Getting really excited!

yup -- the WM was great! You might have thought humanity died from extinction during the games our team played....absolute silence and not a soul on the streets....it was kinda creepy sometimes....of course most of the times I just hurried home to do exactly what everybody else did --- be glued to the TV:). :DWeltmeister!!!!!!!!:D

Oh and I loved the blog about your Norway cruise --- absolutely gorgeous pics!

Stef

I was glued to the TV too. Who wasn't? (other than my daughter :rolleyes: ) I had to pick David up at the airport before the Brazil game and the traffic was absolute mayhem with people trying to make it home before the 6:00 kick off. (we missed 3 minutes)

Hadley!!!!!!!!!!!

I saw you were on here and just wanted to chime in a say Hi! I also have a confession.... I recently found one bar of chocolate from the gift exchange goodie bag we had from you. I'm not sure how this one hid for so long. OMG.... it was so yummy! Actually, all of the chocolate bars were super yummy!!! And I loved how you also had a little basket of them to share during the cabin crawl. It was so great meeting you and your family! What a great cruise we all had!!!!

Melissa

Hadley!!!!!!!!!!!

OMG.... it was so yummy! Actually, all of the chocolate bars were super yummy!!!

Melissa

ouch -- did I mention I'm on a diet which doesn't let me eat anything yummy for a week:(? Now my tummy growls and wants one of those chocolate bars as well -- rats. But I guess it's my own fault, I just shouldn't have eaten like a pig all winter long... and I've managed 3 and a half days already-- so it's halftime:)

sniff -- want chocolate too -- sniff

Stef

Hadley!!!!!!!!!!!

I saw you were on here and just wanted to chime in a say Hi! I also have a confession.... I recently found one bar of chocolate from the gift exchange goodie bag we had from you. I'm not sure how this one hid for so long. OMG.... it was so yummy! Actually, all of the chocolate bars were super yummy!!! And I loved how you also had a little basket of them to share during the cabin crawl. It was so great meeting you and your family! What a great cruise we all had!!!!

Melissa

Hi Melissa! It is so nice to hear from you :) I wish I could say I still had grits left, but those were gone so fast!

How's your mom?

ouch -- did I mention I'm on a diet which doesn't let me eat anything yummy for a week:(? Now my tummy growls and wants one of those chocolate bars as well -- rats. But I guess it's my own fault, I just shouldn't have eaten like a pig all winter long... and I've managed 3 and a half days already-- so it's halftime:)

Stef

Aw, Stef--I am trying to lose weight too, but not with the draconian measures you are taking. You have amazing will power.

Stef

Oh Stef, what was I thinking bringing up chocolate on your thread right now :eek: (as I bang my head against the wall). Please forgive me!!!!

Just think though, you're on the home stretch now :D:D

Best to stay away from the chocolate it will melt really fast in the heatwave that Scotland is experiencing right now. Stef I hope this weather stays this way for your sojourn into my country, you will then truely see it at its best xx

Best to stay away from the chocolate it will melt really fast in the heatwave that Scotland is experiencing right now. Stef I hope this weather stays this way for your sojourn into my country, you will then truely see it at its best xx

Hi Lorrdean,

Sigh -- I'm checking the scottish and irish weather 16 days up front for all our ports about a week now. I'm a maniac planner that way. Today it only shows until August 9th. First week of August looks a little thundry (is that a word?), but after that it improves again... I'll keep on checking. But no matter what the weather is like we're prepared with lots of alternative "yucky weather" plans...so bring it on! We'll LOVE it!