No more poolside private cabanas

Today I received the new OASIS and ALLURE OF THE SEAS brochure. I examined the deck plans and what is missing are the private poolside cabanas that were located on Deck 16. They have been removed from the pool renderings as well.

I wonder what made RCI change their mind?

Ernie

Hadn't noticed that but just looked back at my digital deck plans and brochures from the past and compared it. The last time they appeared were in the deck plans released on 2008-10-22 and the Brochure on 2009-02-27. The first time they were not there was then on the deck plans and brochure from 2009-04-01. I'm surprised nobody has noticed till now. To be completely honest that was something I was never concerned about and had actually completely forgot existed till you posted. They were removed after Solstice launched with them so I wonder if they go feedback from there that effected their decision here.

They were removed after Solstice launched with them so I wonder if they go feedback from there that effected their decision here.

I've sailed on Solstice, there are no private cabanas. Are you referring to the "tented" seats by the pool deck?

I'm concerned about the railings that look down to the open boardwalk / central park. Are those in the pic the final railings? Anyone see a potential internal "man overboard" happening here?

It looks like scaffolding to me. I would assume that the final railings would be white like those on the sides.

I'm concerned about the railings that look down to the open boardwalk / central park. Are those in the pic the final railings? Anyone see a potential internal "man overboard" happening here?

Those big 8(?) foot tall white poles are for a wall that prevents anything or one from going over. It's similar to the ones used at the sports courts. It's a giant net and then that smaller fence that you see will be replaced with a standard glass railing with a wood top.

I can't wait to try out the Solarium, it looks really nice!

Does anyone know if the balcony below the solarium is for private use or for everybody?

It appears to be in front of the kids area, so I would think its open for everybody. It looks as if there might be access to it down the hall in front of the cabins, without having to go through the kids area, although, on the model there doesnt appear to be doors where an entrance would potentially be.

screencapturet.png

I believe the deck plan refers the solarium area, and not the pool area....

LibertyOfTheSeasCruisercclAndBen-36.jpg

Does anybody know what the area is above the solarium? It appears to having loungers up there too but I don't see any decription for the area on the deck plans....:cool:

It will, no doubt, happen.

A drunk doesn't care which railing he's climbing.

Does anybody know what the area is above the solarium? It appears to having loungers up there too but I don't see any decription for the area on the deck plans....:cool:

The area above the solarium is the second level of the solarium with the solarium bar, and loungers,etc. It is a 2 deck high solarium.

The area above the solarium is the second level of the solarium with the solarium bar, and loungers,etc. It is a 2 deck high solarium.

Hey Parkay! :cool::) I'm not referring to the 2nd level of the solarium but the area above that...just below the ship's mast.

Archived