Future Queens / Refurbishment Plans? (MERGED)

Are there any plans to refurbish the cabins and the carpets outside on the corridors as well as the Britannia Dining Room chairs on the Queen Mary? When we sailed Christmas they looked rather tired and "grubby" in places. Not as one would expect on the Queen Mary 2 or a five star hotel. Certianly not as glamorous as in your brochure or on your website.

Some good questions about the size of our fleet and will we expand further thanks. Right now I believe 3 ships is the right size for Cunard - we are looking after 200,000 guests each year and we are able to offer a good variety of itineraries and destinations. I would loie to see us grow again in the future - after all we have built three new ships in the last 8 years and we have 'the youngest fleet in the world'. We do really look after the fleet - we refurbished every cabin on Queen Mary 2 just over a year ago.
Yes - we will make sure we upkeep the corridor carpets - we have a rolling programme of this on all three ships. I will have another look at the statues mentioned in Kings Court - as our regular guests know the sheer size of Kings Court can make it quite difficult to navigate - but we work very hard with the team onboard to make it work. The trick is to wander round and spot what you may like, find yourself a table, and then go and get your food in stages. It dies settle down after the first couple of days. On sea days my recommendation is always to have breakfast and lunch in the main restaaurant - it is more relaxing , everything is served to you and I think it's better for you as well. Hope that covers the questions on this string. Peter

• 1 month later...
[quote name='Peter Shanks']Some good questions about the size of our fleet and will we expand further thanks. Right now I believe 3 ships is the right size for Cunard - we are looking after 200,000 guests each year and we are able to offer a good variety of itineraries and destinations. I would loie to see us grow again in the future - after all we have built three new ships in the last 8 years and we have 'the youngest fleet in the world'. We do really look after the fleet - we refurbished every cabin on Queen Mary 2 just over a year ago.
Yes - we will make sure we upkeep the corridor carpets - we have a rolling programme of this on all three ships. I will have another look at the statues mentioned in Kings Court - as our regular guests know the sheer size of Kings Court can make it quite difficult to navigate - but we work very hard with the team onboard to make it work. The trick is to wander round and spot what you may like, find yourself a table, and then go and get your food in stages. It dies settle down after the first couple of days. On sea days my recommendation is always to have breakfast and lunch in the main restaaurant - it is more relaxing , everything is served to you and I think it's better for you as well. Hope that covers the questions on this string. Peter[/QUOTE]
Maybe in the future there will be another Ship. Quien sabe?::)

Archived