Recent Cruise Passenger - Please clarify Classic Bev Pkg

Fish Lover

Hi,

I've read the recent threads on changes to the Classic Beverage package, however I am still a bit unclear.

My only concern is regarding the canned soda (specifically seltzer and regular coke).

Is it true that cans are not available with the classic package?

Is there a per can up charge?

Is this being rolled out, and if so, has it been implemented on the Summit yet?

While we drink an occasional glass of prosecco or wine and frozen drinks, we drink a lot of seltzer and coke and always bring a can back to the cabin when going there.

We are sailing on the Summit in Sept and this is an important issue for us in terms of planning. Bring cans on board with us is not an option.

Thank you for your patience.

Hi,

I've read the recent threads on changes to the Classic Beverage package, however I am still a bit unclear.

My only concern is regarding the canned soda (specifically seltzer and regular coke).

Is it true that cans are not available with the classic package?

Is there a per can up charge?

Is this being rolled out, and if so, has it been implemented on the Summit yet?

While we drink an occasional glass of prosecco or wine and frozen drinks, we drink a lot of seltzer and coke and always bring a can back to the cabin when going there.

We are sailing on the Summit in Sept and this is an important issue for us in terms of planning. Bring cans on board with us is not an option.

Thank you for your patience.

When we were on Summit in April our friends had the Classic pkg and could not get soda in cans. They had to pay full price if they wanted a can of soda.

Just off of Connie a week or two back and they seemed ok giving out cans, so it is all a bit hit and miss. Still disgusting to have to pay almost $65 a day and you cannot get a can of soda.

One thing that did come up, as the bottled Indian tap water which was offered for classic was making everyone extremely ill, was the fact the paying the difference is ONLY for alcoholic drinks, and not things like water etc. They were all charged at the full price. Which ultimately forced me to upgrade to premium for the $11.80 a day so I could get drinkable water. No doubt exactly what they wanted.

This is a disgraceful situation. It would seem that one can pay an exorbitant flat fee for all you don't want to drink.....or pay an even higher exorbitant fee to drink what you may want. I was fine with the classic package as long as we could get cans of soda. Now, not so much. I may change my reservation and drop the beverage package.

My cruise on the Equinox ended on Fri. I had the premium pack but asked a few bartenders about getting a can of soda with a classic package. They all said that is it is available and part of that package.

Never seen anyone getting a glass of soda other than what was in a mixed drink.

Sailing on two different ships, Equinox and Silhoutte, in the last 2 months a lot of changes have been taking place. Some were during a cruise. Between the two ships their appears to be a lot of confusion and no consistency.

Drink up 🍸🥂🍷🍺🍹

This is why I asked. Everyone seems to be experiencing something different. I also doubt whether they would have the wide selection they currently have in canned soda also available as fountain soda.

So I remain confused as to what to expect.

One thing that did come up, as the bottled Indian tap water which was offered for classic was making everyone extremely ill,

The bottled water was making everyone extremely ill??

What is "bottled Indian tap water"?

Please explain.

Disembarked on 5/5 and no cans of soda on the Classic package. There were a couple of B2B folks that were on before the change and were upset they couldn't get cans on our cruise. The bartender gave them cans but explained that the packaged changed and he needed to stay within the package limits in the future.

No cans of soda on Classic Package anymore. If a ship is still doing it then it is an anomaly. By September I'm sure all ships will be implementing the new policy. Reports I've heard are one receives a fountain drink unless that flavor isn't available in which case they will open a can and pour you a glass. If you want a can you will pay full price. Celebrity, as of this moment, is allowing cans of soda to be brought on board.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

This is a disgraceful situation. It would seem that one can pay an exorbitant flat fee for all you don't want to drink.....or pay an even higher exorbitant fee to drink what you may want. I was fine with the classic package as long as we could get cans of soda. Now, not so much. I may change my reservation and drop the beverage package.

Same here. The only thing my DH was drinking was canned Diet Coke. I was drinking canned soda water. And now no daily water in AQU.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

The $300 OBC might be better for some.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

No one could possibly drink enough soda in a single day to make the classic beverage package non-profitable. It is the single most profitable item in all food service venues.

It occurs to me that I have pre-purchased the classic beverage package well before this change was made. I made that purchase with the understanding of what was included. This creates (imo) a contract.. For the seller to change the terms afterward is generally not permissible. I have yet to have read anything that permits Celebrity to change this (unlike the passenger contract which has numerous conditions under which things may change.) It simply doesn't seem right.

Please explain.

Very important to get an answer....we have never had an issue with the Classic bottled water...other than sometimes it was not chilled or staff was pushing the larger size or upcharge brand

Celebrity, as of this moment, is allowing cans of soda to be brought on board.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

You've got to wonder how long they will allow this if folks start bringing on the brand of soda they sell.

No one could possibly drink enough soda in a single day to make the classic beverage package non-profitable. It is the single most profitable item in all food service venues.

It occurs to me that I have pre-purchased the classic beverage package well before this change was made. I made that purchase with the understanding of what was included. This creates (imo) a contract.. For the seller to change the terms afterward is generally not permissible. I have yet to have read anything that permits Celebrity to change this (unlike the passenger contract which has numerous conditions under which things may change.) It simply doesn't seem right.

That"s what I've been saying in similar threads. Its a breach of contract. When the change came out the beginning of April there was no option for me to cancel the cruise, because I had paid in full. I leave next week. Majority are in favor of paying the difference for premium drinks, fine and well but don't give an inferior product IMHO for what was advertised for sale.

That"s what I've been saying in similar threads. Its a breach of contract. When the change came out the beginning of April there was no option for me to cancel the cruise, because I had paid in full. I leave next week. Majority are in favor of paying the difference for premium drinks, fine and well but don't give an inferior product IMHO for what was advertised for sale.
If you think it is a breach of contract, either get an attorney and file a lawsuit or go to small claims court.

There are many things that were promised or written when booking a cruise and then discovered that it is no longer available or has changed when on the cruise. Sad part is some things that were changed are still being promoted as part of the package.

Ex. The daily ice was discontinued long ago but still listed.

Biggest joke is the priority, just about everyone has a priority for tender, dining, embarkation and etc and access to the concierge.

Happy cruising 🌊🚢🇺🇸🌞

Please explain.

I started a sep thread to see if we can get more info

Not going to pay extra for upgraded water

Still annoyed AQ was stripped of daily bottled water deliv

No cans of soda on Classic Package anymore. If a ship is still doing it then it is an anomaly. By September I'm sure all ships will be implementing the new policy. Reports I've heard are one receives a fountain drink unless that flavor isn't available in which case they will open a can and pour you a glass. If you want a can you will pay full price. Celebrity, as of this moment, is allowing cans of soda to be brought on board.

Have just returned from Silhouette transatlantic. We got cans of soda every day from the bar in the Oceanview using our Classic Beverage package. There was no problem whatsoever. The bottled water on the package was also fine. It did not make us ill. Anything on the Premium package could also be bought by just paying the difference plus the 18% gratuity.

I believe it is still listed, because if you desire it, all you have to do is ask. I received ice twice a day on my January cruise and all I did was request it from my Cabin Steward.

There are many things that were promised or written when booking a cruise and then discovered that it is no longer available or has changed when on the cruise. Sad part is some things that were changed are still being promoted as part of the package.

Biggest joke is the priority, just about everyone has a priority for tender, dining, embarkation and etc and access to the concierge.

Happy cruising 🌊🚢🇺🇸🌞

This will be my first cruise with Celebrity and I'll make final judgement if the changes are worth it . The saddest part, by reading this and other similar threads, is the acceptance of the changes. It seems like its accepted to accept changes that you find out about once you get on board and/or after payment has been made. Unless its a very good cruise, there'll be a lot of future "one and done" and/ or veterans seeking greener grass. Don't like Celebrity's take it or leave it , get less than what you thought you'd get. Who knows what you'll NOT get next time and next time.....

Hi,

This is what Celebrity's UK site states:

"Non-Alcoholic Classic Drinks Package: All Fountain and Canned Soda, Bottled Juices such as cranberry, tomato, pineapple and apple, Fresh Squeezed Juices, Premium Coffees and Teas, and Bottled Water.

$18.00 per person, per day*

Classic Drinks Package: Upgrade your cruise experience and pay one price to enjoy all of the benefits of our Classic soft drinks package, as well as beer, spirits, cocktails and wines by the glass up to $9 per serving. Plus, with the purchase of this Classic Package, you can enjoy a 15% discount on all wines by the bottle purchased on board, even our prized Reserve Wine list and Rare Wine list.

$55.00 per person, per day*"

However, this is the link to the list that shows it is not included in classic -

https://secure.celebritycruises.com/celebrity/media/celebrity/shared_assets/pdf/Classic-Premium-Bev-Pckgs.pdf

Jim

This will be my first cruise with Celebrity and I'll make final judgement if the changes are worth it . The saddest part, by reading this and other similar threads, is the acceptance of the changes. It seems like its accepted to accept changes that you find out about once you get on board and/or after payment has been made. Unless its a very good cruise, there'll be a lot of future "one and done" and/ or veterans seeking greener grass. Don't like Celebrity's take it or leave it , get less than what you thought you'd get. Who knows what you'll NOT get next time and next time.....

This can happen in almost any service organization, changes liked and not liked. The question is how it is perceived and accepted 'widely' by long time clients or new clients.

As can be predicted, most often, many changes will not be acceptable to long time clients if perceived not to be beneficial to us/them, while new clients will or can accept the new positioning because they do not have a point of reference for what happened 'before'.

When I first sailed X six (6) years ago, I was told how things were changing and some passengers were not happy about them. Not thinking about the changes my experience was fantastic and we choose to stay with X despite the changes. This does not necessarily mean we like the changes, but understand that there are other areas which appeal to us whereby the changes are not significant.

Were the pricing to exceed our price point, then we will have to take a hard look as to the viability of 'regularly' sailing X. Fortunately, we are not there yet.

I have yet to read where anyone who can advance a similar product at a similar price point (overall) that really makes me want to start looking elsewhere. If that product is presented, viably, then I will take a look, but until then I wish those who are choosing to move on a bon voyage and know they will have a great time regardless of the product chosen.

Truthfully, the COC states they will take me from point A and back to point A and anything in between, at least for me, is icing on the cake. Brochures of 'freebies' based on Class of Service is icing, rather we like it or not. X can give/add or take it away.

Staff Friendly/Helpful - Check

Cabin Clean/Comfortable - Check

Food Prepared - Check

Beverage Package in Place - Check

Decent Weather for Chosen Place of Sailing - Check

OBC in Place - Check

Next Sailing Planned and Purchased On-Board - Check

Having a Thoroughly Good Time - Check

Not Sweating Corporate Decisions - Check

bon voyage

Edited by Bo1953