UK Cruisers: Who would rather keep Indy in Southampton than get Anthem?

Not me.

Indy is managed badly, senior staff are wildly inconsistent in their approach to policies and procedures and the staff are de-motivated and a lot of them are unfriendly.

I can't wait to see the back of Indy.

P.S. And it is getting dirty and unkempt in many areas

Not me.

Indy is managed badly, senior staff are wildly inconsistent in their approach to policies and procedures and the staff are de-motivated and a lot of them are unfriendly.

Well this scares me!!!:eek: I am scheduled to go on her next October...Our first Royal cruise ever after only sailing Disney. Hoping for the best!!!:D:

Id love to see her stay, Anthem seems to be just a bit too big for my liking. Problem is it seems to be Anthem or nothing if you are wanting to sail with rci from Southampton next year. We're on Indy for farewell trip & i will be sad to see her go.

As per OP, I can't understand how you can hate a class of ship if you haven't sailed on her as yet, give it ago you might like it. :rolleyes:

I do agree its going to be a very different experience I will miss formal dinning and the ice shows, I have already booked back to back Inaugural sailing and the one after this totals 11 days, its a case of wait and see.

I would be interested to know how many times delirious9876 you have sailed on Indy, I have sailed 14 cruises on her alone about to do another in September, just saddened to hear that you had experienced bad service, we always had great service, staff very accommodating, the occasional issue but nothing major.

Believe me I will miss Indy loads, we have had some amazing laughs and had some great times on board, ending up meeting great people of which are now long term friends.

Edited by beardedladies

Hi guys,

Just to say I hate the Quantum Class ships and I don't want Anthem to come to UK as I love Indy, What are your thoughts?

Joe

I'm a bit sceptical of the new ships but I'm open minded enough to say I don't hate them.

Only been on Indy once and it was a fab ship. Sure the Anthem will be fantastic.

Bring on the new I say !

Pete :o

I wouldn´t say I hate a new ship, as I really don´t have such Feelings towards a Thing.

If I had tried it might say I hated the experience.

However I`m not convinced about the concept of These ships and I´m not eager to try them out. Having said this, Voyager and Freedom class aren´t my favourite either.

Unfortunately for me I know my favourite cruise experience will slowly be phased out at some Point. I love Vision and Radiance class ships and don´t Need a Floating amusement park or Shopping mall.

I know many don´t share my view on this and will tell me to go away. That´s perfectly OK. I have no hard Feelings towards RCI for building these ships, even if I´d like to seem them buid smaller with less bells and whistles, but that´s just my opinion and not what the mass market bears These days. Afterall RCI is a Business and they Need to build a ship that makes them the most Money possible.

So for myself, I would LOVE to give Anthem a try, as a huge part of my cruising experience is the fine dining (makes a change from cooking dinner every night!!). So being able to try loads of different styles of restaurant, and even having the same (favourite) meal again and again throughout the cruise is a really nice option.

That being said, I kind of wish Anthem were coming to the UK in a few more seasons... as prices are already astronomical because it is a new class of ship (same with Allure/Oasis). It just means we won't have a chance to cruise on her for a while, and by then, she won't be in the UK anymore!

Shame really!!

As per OP, I can't understand how you can hate a class of ship if you haven't sailed on her as yet, give it ago you might like it. :rolleyes:

I do agree its going to be a very different experience I will miss formal dinning and the ice shows, I have already booked back to back Inaugural sailing and the one after this totals 11 days, its a case of wait and see.

I would be interested to know how many times delirious9876 you have sailed on Indy, I have sailed 14 cruises on her alone about to do another in September, just saddened to hear that you had experienced bad service, we always had great service, staff very accommodating, the occasional issue but nothing major.

Believe me I will miss Indy loads, we have had some amazing laughs and had some great times on board, ending up meeting great people of which are now long term friends.

We've done 26 Royal Caribbean cruises.

5 of these have been on Indy and have been really awful each time for a number of reasons.

The only other questionable cruise was one time on Grandeur of the Seas.

Hooray - Bon voyage Indy !!!!!!!!!!!

We've done 26 Royal Caribbean cruises.

5 of these have been on Indy and have been really awful each time for a number of reasons.

The only other questionable cruise was one time on Grandeur of the Seas.

Hooray - Bon voyage Indy !!!!!!!!!!!

5 times awful and you went back?

5 times awful and you went back?

Yep with a range if different family members and groups.

Wish I hadn't :-(

I believe in giving people and companies chances to get things right but 5 was way too many - lol

Hey!

If there are RCI ships that you don't want to see home porting in Southampton...great!

Send them to Liverpool.

I hope that RCI will see their way to bringing turnarounds to the north west at some point in the not too distant future. Much easier to get to for us north of Birmingham.

Edited by icsys

Not me.

Well this scares me!!!:eek: I am scheduled to go on her next October...Our first Royal cruise ever after only sailing Disney. Hoping for the best!!!:D:

Don't worry too much. We recently did the TA on Indy and we didn't experience any problems at all.

Can't comment on inconsistencies in their approach to policies and procedures but the staff were friendly, motivated and very helpful.