What's with the new overnights?

macaroni

There is an article out there that says celebrity is going to do overnight stops on Caribbean cruises 10 nights or over starting January 2016....anyone have info on which ones? We are scheduled for eclipse 14 day in February 2016.....

There is an article out there that says celebrity is going to do overnight stops on Caribbean cruises 10 nights or over starting January 2016....anyone have info on which ones? We are scheduled for eclipse 14 day in February 2016.....

We're doing a 14 Night Cruise on the Eclipse 3 April 2016. Rumor is Bonaire has been replaced with an additional day into Curacao. We were looking forward to our stop in Bonaire as we've never been there. Bummer!

We're doing a 14 Night Cruise on the Eclipse 3 April 2016. Rumor is Bonaire has been replaced with an additional day into Curacao. We were looking forward to our stop in Bonaire as we've never been there. Bummer!

Interesting.. I didn't realize they were doing it in place of another port. I figured they were skipping a sea day. That would suck to skip Bonaire, which I think of as a "holy grail" of ports since so few cruises go there.

The schedules should be updated on the website since I got an email today announcing the change.

Edited by MisterBill99

Interesting.. I didn't realize they were doing it in place of another port. I figured they were skipping a sea day. That would suck to skip Bonaire, which I think of as a "holy grail" of ports since so few cruises go there.

The schedules should be updated on the website since I got an email today announcing the change.

I like the way you think. Celebrity should be advising us effected by this change.

No info here but finally one cruise line is coming up with a good idea.

Hi Siora,

Just as an FYI, Azamara has been doing overnights for some time, so it's not a new idea. I'm fairly certain other cruise lines have overnights as well.

What a great idea! Overnight port visits are one of the main reasons I have switched so many bookings over to Azamara. I personally don't think the Caribbean islands are that exciting, but I can imagine Celebrity will offer some interesting evening excursions. I did notice that a lot of the Asia and Europe itineraries with overnights have been selling well, so it's nice to see Celebrity has taken note of this.

Michael

What a great idea! Overnight port visits are one of the main reasons I have switched so many bookings over to Azamara. I personally don't think the Caribbean islands are that exciting, but I can imagine Celebrity will offer some interesting evening excursions. I did notice that a lot of the Asia and Europe itineraries with overnights have been selling well, so it's nice to see Celebrity has taken note of this.

Michael

Hi Michael,

Just as an FYI, Larry Pimentel (Azamara's CEO) has a great deal of input on shore excursions for all 3 RCCL brands, so I suspect that whatever overnights Celebrity will offer, will be excellent - especially if Larry is involved.

Hope this helps !

Just as an FYI, Azamara has been doing overnights for some time, so it's not a new idea. I'm fairly certain other cruise lines have overnights as well.

In the Caribbean? Obviously in Europe it's common. I even had one on a Hawaii cruise on NCL.

Hi Michael,

Just as an FYI, Larry Pimentel (Azamara's CEO) has a great deal of input on shore excursions for all 3 RCCL brands, so I suspect that whatever overnights Celebrity will offer, will be excellent - especially if Larry is involved.

Hope this helps !

Have they already posted the new Itineraries. Particularly interested in an overnight in St. Marteen. Would not break my heart to see it replace a day at St. Thomas.

In the Caribbean? Obviously in Europe it's common. I even had one on a Hawaii cruise on NCL.

Yes, I was referring to the Caribbean.

Have they already posted the new Itineraries. Particularly interested in an overnight in St. Marteen. Would not break my heart to see it replace a day at St. Thomas.

Hi Nealstuber,

I have not seen the updated itineraries yet. I checked a few of my Caribbean bookings tonight, and they seem unchanged. However, I suspect at least some of them may be affected as they are sailings of 10+ nights.

Hopefully, the itineraries will be updated shortly. Stay Tuned !

This is really great news for Celebrity. We had two overnights in 2001 on Century when we had a Hawaii cruise. That was the best itinerary. We are starting to sail Europe on Azamara because of the smaller size and the wonderful overnights. I know they've been doing it in the Baltics for quite awhile but the Caribbean is intriguing.

hi siora,

just as an fyi, azamara has been doing overnights for some time, so it's not a new idea. I'm fairly certain other cruise lines have overnights as well.

Love the overnights. :D :D :D

Edited by midwestchick

Here's a link I got in the email with a list of the affected itineraries (which have not been updated). I think they're just replacing a sea day. Maybe they'll get to the port in mid-day so you'll have one and a half days there if they can't get there early enough for a full day.

Link

The email I received lists these:

14-Night Exotic Southern Caribbean Cruise

Celebrity Eclipse on 1/24/2016

Overnight in Curacao

10-Night Ultimate Caribbean Cruise

Celebrity Equinox on 1/22/2016

Overnight in St. Maarten

11-Night Ultimate Caribbean Cruise

Celebrity Equinox on 2/1/2016

Overnight in Cartagena, Colombia

Edited by MisterBill99

I think it's an intriguing idea, and it will be nice to do something different. I do wish they'd update the itineraries, and contact those of us who are booked directly with Celebrity. I need to contact some private tour operators, and I'd like to do it a.s.a.p.

Edited by Cindy

Here's a link I got in the email with a list of the affected itineraries (which have not been updated). I think they're just replacing a sea day. Maybe they'll get to the port in mid-day so you'll have one and a half days there if they can't get there early enough for a full day.

Link

The email I received lists these:

14-Night Exotic Southern Caribbean Cruise

Celebrity Eclipse on 1/24/2016

Overnight in Curacao

10-Night Ultimate Caribbean Cruise

Celebrity Equinox on 1/22/2016

Overnight in St. Maarten

11-Night Ultimate Caribbean Cruise

Celebrity Equinox on 2/1/2016

Overnight in Cartagena, Colombia

If Celebrity is out there listening, i happily volunteer overnight in St Maerten on the Ultimate Caribbean 10 night on December 11, 2015. They really should do a trial in December of 2015 :D:D:D

Overnights are the norm for Bermuda cruises. Great for that itinerary. It looks like we will have an overnight in St. Maarten in our March 2016 Equinox cruise, and I am looking forward to it.

Yes, that would be nice. Head over to the French side and have a world class gourmet dinner. I'm sure there's plenty of other stuff to do as well.

We may have to look closely at the Equinox with the Columbia overnight. Cartagena is worth an overnight. I can see myself strolling in the plaza at twilight.......truly worth considering.

Another rec would be San Juan. El Yunque and El Morro can't be done in the same day if arriving in the afternoon.

Azamara has all kinds of advantages Celebrity and RCI don't. Small harbor stops and overnights are just the top of the iceburg.

The overnights are a big step ahead for the X in the Caribbean....island hopping anyone?

We may have to look closely at the Equinox with the Columbia overnight. Cartagena is worth an overnight. I can see myself strolling in the plaza at twilight.......truly worth considering.

Another rec would be San Juan. El Yunque and El Morro can't be done in the same day if arriving in the afternoon.

Azamara has all kinds of advantages Celebrity and RCI don't. Small harbor stops and overnights are just the top of the iceburg.

The overnights are a big step ahead for the X in the Caribbean....island hopping anyone?

a partial day in St. thomas and a partial day in st. johns would be great as well. now you really have to choose one or the other for excursions.

ok, so I got an email saying there are 42 overnights and look at the cruises...but who can tell.....all of them depart at 5am....website looks like it is wrong at all ports...can't tell which are overnights????