Cost of taxi from Fairbanks hotel to airport

WEPunkin

We will be going on a Alaska Princess Sapphire in Sept. and would like to know the cost of a taxi from Fairbanks hotel (Princess choice) to the airport.

As of now, they have us charged for a transfer from hotel to airport. There will be 6 of us. We would like to take a taxi on our own, because we are booking our flights and otherwise Princess will have control of our schedule, if we go with them. We need to fly out of Fairbanks at 8:40 a.m. to Seattle and arriving at 1:15 p.m.

Anyone that has done this, please reply back. Thanks.

Wanda

Mapleleaves: thank you for the info. According to our landtour package Princess will let us know 21 days prior to our departure where we will be staying. Would really like to know now, so we can book our flights and not have to change them. Nothing like keeping people in the dark thanks Princess.

It looks like on our booking confirmation it says " transfer hotel to airport" and that usually means they are charging us for this transfer. We would like to pick our own time to transfer from hotel to airport. If we wait and go with Princess it might be too late for our flight.

It looks like on our booking confirmation it says " transfer hotel to airport" and that usually means they are charging us for this transfer. We would like to pick our own time to transfer from hotel to airport. If we wait and go with Princess it might be too late for our flight.

So call Princess and cancel the transfer. Fairbanks in not a large city. From any place in the city, the taxi will be much less than the multi-person Princess transfer. In fact, ship transfers are almost always total ripoff (just another name for sneaky profit center).

DON

We're on a Princess cruisetour in late May, and we've know for months (probably since January) that we would be at the Fairbanks Princess Lodge, so you should be hearing any day now. Check your cruise personalizer. You can also enter your flights into your cruise personalizer which will make sure that your transfers are arranged timely. If you're on a cruisetour, the transfers are already included in the price you're paying--there is no separate charge for transfer between airport and hotel. We did a similar cruisetour in August 2009, and all our transfers were provided by Princess and we had no problem making our flights. The Fairbanks airport is pretty small, so security was quick with few delays.

They aren't charging you anything for the transfers. Unless it changes this year, it was always includede.

Not sure, what hotel you are in, within Fairbanks- has anything to do with you booking your flights or having to "change them"?

May 24 we will be flying into Fairbanks at 8:30pm to began Princess cruisetour. We booked our own flights. We are staying at Princess Riverside Lodge.

Will Princess meet us at the airport, give us info package and transport us to Lodge? Or will we use lodge shuttle or cab and get info package at the lodge? Thanks... Or maybe we have to call our travel agent to buy 2 transfers from airport to lodge. This small town travel agent has been of no value.

Thanks to everyone for your help. I do bellieve they are charging us for transfers and that would be for 6 of us, so I think we could get a taxi/van for less and be on our own time frame. I agree with Don, this is Princess way of making some extra $$.

Even if they wasn't charging for these transfers, we would be on their timeframe when they would transfer and would probably have to wait until they got enough people going at their time before they would leave to go to the airport.

Thanks

Wanda

If you're staying at the Fairbanks Princess, you're less than 5 minutes from the airport and the hotel provides a free shuttle to/from the airport and train depot.

Is there a phone at the airport where we call for the shuttle?

I am not sure what hotel we will be ending our HAL cruisetour which is in Fairbanks but I want to cancel my transfer too. Not so much for the cost because I don't think it is a lot but for the same reason as the OP, I want control of my schedule. How long in advance should you arrive at the AP?

Archived