Gem - S4 or S5?

CruisinFromCT

Hey CCers,

We are cruising in May and I was debating whether to upgrade to an S4 or S5. I am leaning towards S5, because we have a 4 Y-O who sleeps in our bed every night anyways :D. We currently have an SC, but I would like to be on the courtyard floor for the extra benefits...

I just wanted to confirm; the only difference in the rooms is that there is no second bedroom? If so, I may just do S5.

• 11 months later...

Before we got off the Gem this month, we checked out the layout of S4 and S5 for our next trip.

The second bedroom/bath in the S4 is "appended" to the entrance of the main room. Layout and size of the two suites are identical, if you eliminate the 2nd bed/bath of the S4.

I do believe that the S5 has a smaller balcony, though.

Before we got off the Gem this month, we checked out the layout of S4 and S5 for our next trip.

The second bedroom/bath in the S4 is "appended" to the entrance of the main room. Layout and size of the two suites are identical, if you eliminate the 2nd bed/bath of the S4.

I do believe that the S5 has a smaller balcony, though.

That's correct - the balcony in the S5 is smaller. In fact, if I had to guess, I'd say it's half the size of the S4 (and the S4 balcony isn't really all that large).

Yes the balcony is smaller but still had two chairs and a table. We had two men over six feet out there at the same time while the ladies were inside and there was no problem. Loved the s5. Best being on the courtyard floor. Also there's no balcony to one side of you (side of the bedroom). Not that we ever had a problem with noise but no one goes that far down the hall except you so it was peaceful.

Archived