Windjammer on Oasis 2nd formal night - crab legs -

trihawks1

I have four young adults that do not like lobster lol. My DH and I love lobster. On all of our cruises we have eaten all but one Meal in MDR. We are thinking about checking out the Windjammer for the Ocean Drive buffet for the second formal night. I have read that it offers Crab Legs and Shrimp. Everyone loves crab legs and shrimp..so can anyone tell me if they have eaten at the Windjammer on Oasis on the second formal night? Biggest question is how are the crab legs (hopefully served warm with butter) and are there a variety of types of shrimp such as fried, cocktail, scampi, etc. any limit on the crab legs? Can we get seconds lol?

Also, we need to know if we still need to dress up since it is a formal night? Just don't want to dress down if everyone else will still be more formal.

Thanks!

... Also, we need to know if we still need to dress up since it is a formal night? Just don't want to dress down if everyone else will still be more formal.

Thanks!

Windjammer is always casual.

Another question about dinner at Windjammer.

I read somewhere that at dinner, it is a sit down restaurant type deal with a menu. Is this correct? I haven't sailed RCCL in a while.

Thanks

Always a buffet, but quieter at dinner. Never heard of crab legs being available.

The Windjammer has many of same items as the MDR, a nice salad bar, carving station, and many other items, but I have never seen lobster, crab claws or shrimp.

I, and others, have reported some rare sightings of lobster, however. ;)

There are shrimp in some of the preparations. I have not seen large cocktail shrimp, though.

Another question about dinner at Windjammer.

I read somewhere that at dinner, it is a sit down restaurant type deal with a menu. Is this correct? I haven't sailed RCCL in a while.

Thanks

The sit down part some people refer to is drinks. Some evenings the staff will refill drinks.

We did that last November on Oasis as we didn't feel like dressing up. They had a seafood theme night and had all kinds of shrimp dishes along with king crab legs and even lobster thermidor. If you were not a seafood lover they other selections as well. All served buffet style. No menus.

Edited by patsfan78

I also just got off the Oasis 😢 and we went to the Windjammer for a "snack" of crab legs, shrimp, and mussels on the 2nd formal night. I don't like buffets since I find people rather gross at them (sorry I have ocd), so my parents should've been suspicious when I suggested going there. Then we went to get changed for formal night in the MDR. It was lobster and prime rib night. Our waiter gave me both 😁, boy did I love him.

Just to note, there was a chef giving out the seafood and there was only one type of shrimp, but my aunt did find calimari. You could get seconds but I found the crab salty and with a lack of butter didn't desire anymore. Apparently, there was another seafood night I think the first formal night according to some in our group. Always keep an eye on the cruise compass and go check it out.

All this talk of the 2nd Formal night has me wondering about what they have on the First Formal night. Going on the Oasis in a few weeks. We really never go to the buffet at night but I have to say we might just try it this time. Less to pack.

Anyone know what they serve on the first formal night?

Thanks.