Charge for pool towels?????

meltingmoments

Hi from a novice cruiser :)

Have just read a review of the Epic........we are sailing her this August :)

I read every review going, I have to say........while away many a happy hour.....or more!;)

Any way, this particular review was not a great one......the person was saying they felt that some things were way over-priced.......now I know you can't please all of the people all of the time, but hey!!

So, my question to all you lovely people who have already sailed the Epic........is it true what the reviewer said??? You PAY for pool towels????

This wasn't the case on the Sky!! But that was last August......this review was this week!!! Have things changed??

Thanks for any replies :)

you only pay for pool towels that you don't return. So if you want 3 towels, you sign them out. If you return all 3, you are not charged.

You start out with a certain number in your room and that same amount should be there when you leave. No charge unless you lose them or steal them :)

As the above poster stated, no you don't pay for pool towels unless of course you lose them. You will have a towel per person placed in your cabin and you can sign out for free any amount of towels you wish from the pool exchange on the pool deck.

Goes to show you that perhaps the review you were reading may be just a little off base, misguided, exaggerated or down right foolishness.

Since NCL has many very loyal cruisers, they must be doing something right to stay in business. So a word of wisdom, if it sounds to good to be true, it probably is and if it sounds all bad it's just as unbelievable.

Have a wonderful cruise.

I folded it and put it in my carryon. It looks great on my deck ;)

I was charged $850. It's worth it. hahahaha

Only 850, by our NY prices that was cheap.

To the OP you are not charged for towels unless they find their way home in your luggage.

That reviewer MIGHT have been charged for the towel because it was used to hog a deck chair, and leaving it guarding the chair for over the proscribed 30 minute limit, someone might have lifted it and turned it into the kiosk, causing the reviewer to LOSE THE DEPOSIT on the towel.

So be forewarned, don't use a towel to reserve your chair unless you are actually coming back within 30 minutes to rescue it from the clutches of a chair hog vigilante. ;)

Does it work the same way in the Haven?

Truthfully, we just asked our butler for extra. There's also a big box in Posh where you can exchange wet towels for dry ones, but I didn't necessarily sign them out.

you can always walk around and collect the towels left on poolside chairs at 6am. That would give you quite a collection at the end of the trip.

HAHAHAHAHAHA so true. Now that's a good way to get rid of chair hogs "you clean the area, you keep the towels" lol

Charging for pool towels you lose or are stolen, and worse, standing in line for them, are just a few of the many things which take away the once felt luxury in cruising. :)

Missing towels from a hotel room will likely result in a charge to your credit card, so it's not limited to cruise lines;).

Thanks all for your replies!! :)

Not only are you all absolute mines of information.........you also make me laugh out loud!!

That reviewer MIGHT have been charged for the towel because it was used to hog a deck chair, and leaving it guarding the chair for over the proscribed 30 minute limit, someone might have lifted it and turned it into the kiosk, causing the reviewer to LOSE THE DEPOSIT on the towel.

So be forewarned, don't use a towel to reserve your chair unless you are actually coming back within 30 minutes to rescue it from the clutches of a chair hog vigilante. ;)

I LOVE the idea of someone losing a towel and having to pay for it because they were chair-hogging!!;)

I DID wonder about the review I read......it seemed a bit biased AGAINST NCL...........but I guess we are all entitled to our opinions. Thanks again everyone!! :)

you can always walk around and collect the towels left on poolside chairs at 6am. That would give you quite a collection at the end of the trip. :D

That sounds like a plan. We were going to remove a couple of towels because there were literally towels blocking access to loungers all over the sun deck and nobody coming for them. Because we had spa passes and too much sun from the island excursions we went on, we didn't need to, but rest assured, I'm all for moving someone's crap if they don't come back in a half hour. They may not like it but it's them breaking the rules and messing up the experience for everyone, not me.

They do this in the spa too... My partner wanted to sit with me in the outside loungers, I think there are 6-7 of them with a great aft view of the ocean. There were 2 people out there, so after a half hour (partner was in jacuzzi, then steam), I moved someone's stuff over to a little table. I guess the lady was inside on another lounger, one of the tiled ones, or in the jacuzzie because 10 minutes later she came out, put her stuff back, made an annoyed sound with her mouth and went back in... By that time someone else had come and got their stuff and my partner also came out and changed his mind so we went back in to leave. I'd already spent 30-40 minutes out there anyway, and they suggest a 30 minute time limit. It was a shore day though, and not too many people were on the ship that afternoon when we got back from the island.

I usually prefer to live and let live, especially in an environment like a cruise where you may run into the same people over and over. No sense in getting worked up over nothing. On the other hand we shouldn't have to go without some of the benefits of the cruise because people are chair hogs.

I wonder what the fee is for these towels anyway? Anyone know?

Archived