Parking in New Orleans

mary80

This is probably a silly question, but we've never had to park our car before for a cruise. We live an hour away from the port and have always managed to have someone drop us off, but don't think that will be possible this time. Also, we've never flown, so no experience with parking for an extended period of time at all. Do we have to get there super early to get a spot at the garage at the terminal? Or does it not fill up? Is it safe? Or has anyone ever had any damage? Thanks!

If you are going on the Dream, the port garage should be pretty empty. We usually get there about 1000. We are on the Elation this time and I was concerned about the garage being full with Dream passengers. I called the N.O. PORT AUTHORITY and the lady I spoke with said if that garage is full they will lead you over to their other facility (I'm assuming Julia Street). Said you are guaranteed a spot. It is $16 per day and you pay when you go in the garage. They take credit cards. Very safe.

Some people park in the Fulton Garage. Uncovered parking is $8.00 per day if you reserve in advance. Others say it is safe but I cannot speak on that since we never parked there. They shuttle you to the port and back.

Hope that helps.

If you are going on the Dream, the port garage should be pretty empty. We usually get there about 1000. We are on the Elation this time and I was concerned about the garage being full with Dream passengers. I called the N.O. PORT AUTHORITY and the lady I spoke with said if that garage is full they will lead you over to their other facility (I'm assuming Julia Street). Said you are guaranteed a spot. It is $16 per day and you pay when you go in the garage. They take credit cards.

We are on the elation. That sounds great! Im glad there is a backup guaranteed covered parking for in case it is full with the Dream. Thanks everyone!!