What are you allowed to bring on board?Carnival

jetset777

I am getting ready for my first cruise and I have read several posts about items people have brought on board. Soda, wine, bottle of Bailey? Can any shed some light for me on what you are allowed to bring on Board a Carnival Cruise?

My cruise in 2005 I purchased (in New Orleans and then brought on the ship - NOT disguised just in a suitcase):

6 pack coke

big bottle of jack daniels

bottle of tequila

12 pack of waters

all with no problem. I'm hoping I can do the same on my upcoming cruise.:rolleyes:

We usually bring 20oz. resealable sodas in our carry on, enough to make it to the first port and then buy more at each of the port. Security has checked the bag and let us go on with no problem. You just ask the room steward for ice or put them in the fridge if your room has one. I am sure bottled waters would be the same. I think as long as you don't bring cases of them it would be fine. I know you are not supposed to bring alchol onboard, even though some do, but I have also heard you can have the larger bottles delivered to your room, but you have to call the cruiseline prior to going. The cost is higher then the duty free shops, but probably cheaper than the bars. I have also heard if you are doing a back 2 back cruise, you can purchase the alchol on your 1st part and they deliver it to your room the last night of the 1st part, then you have it for the 2nd part of your cruise.

• 2 weeks later...

We have a collapsable cooler on wheels and we wheel it on the ship with us and they look at it. We carry on two bottles of wine and a bottle of champagne in it and a couple of 2liter bottles of diet soda. Also my husband brings a 23 pack of diet pepsi and puts it on top of the cooler. The know people do that. A friend of mine carried on a case of wine. As long as you bring a small amount and it isn't what they sell, they don't mind. We don't believe in hiding stuff as it gets awfully embarrassing if it leaks or is confiscated. They only have coke products on board and we are pepsi drinkers. Hope this is helpful.

Lynne:cool:

I am trying to plan for next year as we will be spending 2 days in London pre-cruise and I don't expect to starve as I LOVE to try new foods, but I would like to be able to take a few Dr. Peppers onboard and have in the hotel there. Then post-cruise in Rome I would like to have the same--BUT--I am so afraid that anything I took would spill all over my clothes between Phoenix, AZ and London, so I probably will end up not taking anything.

• 1 month later...
I bought a 6 pack of can Pepsis in my checked luggage. I also bought some snacks like candy, chips and crackers in my checked luggage.

You know with all the food on a ship-why would you want snacks of candy and chips? I know they have stuff like that in the frigs that you are charged for if you eat it and you can also get stuff like that in the onboard shops but I never understood why-lots of better "junk food" up on the lido!

You know with all the food on a ship-why would you want snacks of candy and chips? I know they have stuff like that in the frigs that you are charged for if you eat it and you can also get stuff like that in the onboard shops but I never understood why-lots of better "junk food" up on the lido!

I bring treats too. I guess it's comfort food. Or maybe it's a quick sugar fix.

I have always done it and doubt I'd change that habit any time soon. :)

Pack whatever you want, but put any alcohol in your LOCKED, checked, luggage. Water, sodas, snacks----they don't care about. It's the alcohol that gets their dander up!

If you do bring alcohol, you won't be able to drink it except in your cabin--and that's no fun! The fun is out and about on the ship!

You may find that you don't need as much booze as you thought--you'll be buying most of it (and the good time that comes with it) in one of the bars.

Archived