Carnival Glory 7 Day Cruise Review LOTS OF PICTURES

narrow56

After having a little too much fun in St. John, I was happy to have a relaxing day at sea! I had a breakfast burrito at Blue Iguana. It was good, but I probably wouldn't get another one. It was a chilly morning, but sunny.

The Fun Times had several typos during the week. This day was a big one. It said it was an elegant night, but the schedule of the week we had been given ahead of time said Friday would be. I called guest services and they verified it would be Friday. A lot of people were dressed up at dinner that night!

We decided to check out the Punchliner Brunch for lunch. It was VERY disappointing! There were few options for lunch. I settle on mac and cheese with steak on it. The mac and cheese was very soupy. The steak was delicious...I think it had been cooked in a crock pot...if they even have those on board. :p The comedian only came out for about 2 minutes...I really think they should have stuck with the regular old breakfast and lunch separately.

Jacques announced a couple of times that there were whales on the starboard sign. We saw one!! It was pretty far in the distance, but it was so awesome!

DSC02594_zps66846a9e.jpg

The Playlist Production Show this night was Divas. It was at 8:15 or 10:15. My husband and I were both pleasantly surprised with this! Although a couple of the singers were terribly off key, it was great for the most part.

This was the first night we really noticed that we could hear the piano sing along below our room. (6459) Fortunately, I had brought ear plugs. My husband wasn't so lucky.

DSC02596_zps774ce3fe.jpg

I was wondering why so many people were dressed up that night!!

I would think they'd proofread those things for big errors...or at least make an announcement!

Edited by narrow56

We had purchased an excursion at 8:30 for Halifax and Peggy's Cove. We waited in a short line then boarded an air conditioned bus. Our tour guide, Florence, gave us a lot of great information. It took about an hour to get to Peggy's Cove. We had an hour to look around the town. We probably could have spent more time there, but an hour seemed to be enough. The little town is really beautiful, as is the lighthouse. There really isn't much to do other than walk around and go in the gift shops. You can get your passport stamped here, so make sure you bring it!

DSC02612_zps6a8e46ff.jpg

DSC02641_zpse55685e1.jpgDSC02629_zps1280be97.jpg

After the hour was up, we got back on the bus and took a different route back to Halifax, learning more information. I loved it! If you do the earlier tour, you'll have plenty of time to wander around the port. We didn't really do much other than take a short walk down the Harborwalk. There is also a farmers' market right by the port.

We got back on the ship for lunch and got Guys' Burgers. They are DEFINITELY worth the hype! We also won a ship on a stick playing Comedy Sound Clip trivia. :)

DSC02670_zps6435df75.jpg

We stopped into the Hasbro game show. It was so disappointing. I cannot believe that's a night of entertainment. It is for children, not adults.

Edited by narrow56

Hi. I was on the cruise, too. So far, nice review. I look forward to more.

There was an announcement correcting the Fun Times re: the elegant night.

Also, I was lucky enough to be picked for the Hasbro game show, along with my nephew...

Hi. I was on the cruise, too. So far, nice review. I look forward to more.

There was an announcement correcting the Fun Times re: the elegant night.

Also, I was lucky enough to be picked for the Hasbro game show, along with my nephew...

Really? I never heard any announcement...must be tons of other people didn't either because there were many dressed up at dinner.

I'm sure the Hasbro game show is lots of fun if you're playing it or if you're a kid...but watching it as an adult was pretty boring. It shouldn't be a night of entertainment!

Sorry I went so long in between posts. I've been busy with my dad in the hospital, a reunion with my mom, and a wedding! Now onto Sydney!

We had no definite plans for Sydney. We had breakfast in the dining room. I enjoyed a ham and cheese omelette. They really do know how to make a good omelette!

If you're interested in the giant fiddle, you can see it right from the ship.

DSC02699_zps43a78746.jpg

We did our own historical walking tour. It probably would've been more interesting with a guide, but it was a nice relaxing time. We visited both the Jost House and Cossit House. It was really neat to take a step back in time.

After visiting the two houses we wandered around the town just in the ship's area. There are a lot of little shops, but they were packed with people. It's worth stopping in Cape Breton Fudge Co. You can buy 6 blocks of fudge for $20. That makes for a good souvenir for family back home!

DSC02705_zpsef4b36ae.jpg

DSC02708_zps07e87402.jpg

We got back on the ship and had Guys burgers again for lunch. I wish I could have another right now!! They're just so good.

DSC02727_zpsf9db7416.jpg

We had reservations for dinner at the Emerald Steakhouse. It is really a must do! The service is excellent, as is the food. My husband and I both had the filet mignon and the chocolate sampler. The French onion soup is delicious too...they really pile up the cheese. Be sure if you go you go hungry!!

DSC02730_zps2c57e22d.jpg

DSC02732_zpsc438403e.jpg

The production show as Latin Nights at 8:15 and 10:15. We were pretty sure we saw it on the Pride last summer, so we skipped it.

We did catch a comedy show in the Ebony Cabaret. Happy Cole was the comedian we saw. He was hilarious! I really dislike the way the comedy club is run. The room is just too small to hold the amount of people who want to go! That seemed to be a common complaint from what I heard.

We tried the Punchliner Brunch for breakfast. I had seen the Funny French Toast on the menu when we went for lunch, and it sounded interesting. It was pretty disappointing. I got the honey nut cheerio kind. The cheerios were kind of soggy...I thought it was going to be more ground up I guess and made into a crust. I don't recommend it.

We had to spend a little more time in the EA Sports Bar, just one last time. Vlada and Danuel were excellent the entire cruise. Vlad even let me pick the special for the day. I picked The MVP. That's Crown Royal, Peach Schnapps, and Cranberry Juice...it's my new favorite drink!

DSC02742_zps831ec3d2.jpg

We had burritos for lunch. It was the Chocolate Extravaganza this day. People go crazy for chocolate!

DSC02738_zps59bf306b.jpg

I was kind of surprised that there was no farewell show...that's something there has been on every cruise we've gone on. They did have a talent show at 10PM, but we didn't go. Another night of no big entertainment from Carnival.

Instead of the talent show, we saw some more comedy. The Assistant Cruise Director, Sean, was the host for this. He is an extremely annoying man, in my opinion. He repeat the exact same spiel at the beginning of every single comedy show. I mean come on! Switch things up a little bit. Nobody cares that your mother doesn't like dirty comedy.

A couple of final notes...

1. The CD was not visible during this cruise. We only saw him when we went to the theater. I guess we were spoiled since our last cruise had Richard Spacey and before that we had Jamie Dietsch on the Pride.

2. We didn't see the captain of the ship once.

3. I now see what everyone means when they say the entertainment on Carnival is sub par.

4. You get what you pay for...and I really enjoyed this cruise. I think that the value was higher than what we paid for. You can't beat a week long cruise for less than $900 for two people!

5. The Glory is a BEAUTIFUL ship, and I recommend it to anyone.

So nice to read a review from someone else on the same cruise:-) Glad you also enjoyed it. I had the Funny French Toast twice. Once with Raisin Bran, and once with Frosted Flakes. I thought they were great. We also ate at the steakhouse one night, and I agree, it was quite good. I also appreciate how you two got it all for less than $900! I paid a lot more, as a solo traveler in my own room, but I also feel I got a really good deal. Thanks again for taking the time to write this.

Edited by jlajr

Instead of the talent show, we saw some more comedy. The Assistant Cruise Director, Sean, was the host for this. He is an extremely annoying man, in my opinion. He repeat the exact same spiel at the beginning of every single comedy show. I mean come on! Switch things up a little bit. Nobody cares that your mother doesn't like dirty comedy.

A couple of final notes...

1. The CD was not visible during this cruise. We only saw him when we went to the theater. I guess we were spoiled since our last cruise had Richard Spacey and before that we had Jamie Dietsch on the Pride.

2. We didn't see the captain of the ship once.

3. I now see what everyone means when they say the entertainment on Carnival is sub par.

4. You get what you pay for...and I really enjoyed this cruise. I think that the value was higher than what we paid for. You can't beat a week long cruise for less than $900 for two people!

The regular CD is on vacation until August 19th Matt will be coming onboard the 14/15.

Jamie Dietsch is a class act alone. (she was trained very well) and she is rather new on the job. There are no other CDs out there that can hold a candle to her.

Was the Assit CD the host for the comedy show? that areas is supposed to have its own host/hostess.

I am reading all these reviews== and the 7 days reviews cant help me as we are only doing a 5...but will be curious to see how much will change for the shorter cruises.

After reading some reviews it sounds that glory is a totally different cruise sailing to canada then when its going to the Caribbean.

• 4 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...