Sleep outside of cabin?

catpresley3

Depends on the ship. On some ships, they stack up all the loungers overnight. And they come around early, hosing down the deck. But ask this on the forum here for the line you are sailing. You might get some more specific suggestions there. EM

We cruised as a four depending which ship your on and if pool is covered I wouldn't see that as an issue but what about sleeping in the atrium

I'm sorry but sleeping anywhere all night long (public spaces) other than the cabin you have booked is :eek::eek:

Are you serious? Can you imagine if they allowed that? The last thing anyone wants to see is people sleeping all over the ship like it's the airport or something....buy some ear plugs like anyone else.

Are you serious? Can you imagine if they allowed that? The last thing anyone wants to see is people sleeping all over the ship like it's the airport or something....buy some ear plugs like anyone else.

Or better yet - get your own stateroom!! I can't imagine cruising with 4 in a stateroom (would stay home first), but I'd never share a stateroom with 1 other person if he/she was a snorer. Hubby snores once in a while, so our cruises together are a lot fewer than my solo cruises ;-) When we cruise together, I'll bring earplugs - would never think of trying to sleep somewhere in public like a homeless person...that would be very tacky.

Good luck - and I seriously hope you look into booking your own room!

Sue/WDW1972

Oosterdam 11/27/15

DCL Dream 1/15/16

Will be cruising with 4 in one tiny cabin with snoring people, what are the policies for sleeping inside your cabin? Are there alternatives? Example: can I "accidentally" fall asleep poolside?

This does seem a bit outlandish. Have you booked a balcony cabin? I can see a solution there as it is your own private space. One has to remember the Carnival Triumph or should I say disaster when in February 2013 they lost power and most passengers started sleeping in the open. This was due to air conditioning not working and nor were the toilets flushing due to their power requirements.

Regards John

Will be cruising with 4 in one tiny cabin with snoring people, what are the policies for sleeping inside your cabin? Are there alternatives? Example: can I "accidentally" fall asleep poolside?

I am guessing this is your first cruise-- are you aware of how windy it is out there--especially at night?

• 3 weeks later...

About two years ago I was on the fascination and the last night before getting back to port me and my group stayed up all night and just chilled on the lounge chairs and there were plenty of other people just staying up sitting around talking! I mean we were sitting on those chairs until like 5am and no worker ever made us leave!

• 3 weeks later...

My husband snores, so for the sake of our marriage (and my sanity), I wear earplugs. I hear nothing and it's wonderful. I sleep like a log. And honestly, they work so great that I can't sleep without them anymore even if a miracle happened and he all of a sudden stopped storing. Bottom line...buy some earplugs and you'll be fine!

I think they are very comfortable, and yes, they stay in. At first I was always afraid to stick them in too far, but honestly, because of the size that they are, you can't stick them in too far. I now stick them in as far as I can and I can't hear anything! I never have a problem hearing my alarm, though. Everything else I can't hear, but alarms are no problem. Have never slept through one due to my ear plugs.

Do you have a balcony? I forget which cruise line/location, but one time there were four of us (my parents, my best friend, and myself) in a cabin and my best friend and I slept on the lounge chairs on the balcony every night of the cruise and it was WONDERFUL. It was a cruise line with white fluffy duvets and lounge chairs that lay down on the balconies. :) Sleeping to the sound of the waves was glorious, and it must have been somewhere not too hot, as I remember it being slightly chilly but perfect with the duvet!

• 3 weeks later...
About two years ago I was on the fascination and the last night before getting back to port me and my group stayed up all night and just chilled on the lounge chairs and there were plenty of other people just staying up sitting around talking! I mean we were sitting on those chairs until like 5am and no worker ever made us leave!

Sitting up talking isn't a problem...it the curled up sleeping in a public place that will be ;)

Noticed this is your first post: Welcome to Cruise Critic! :)

Best to buy some ear plugs and sleep in your own cabin! ;)..:D

LuLu