Once and for all, Galveston Limo or Galveston Express from Houston Hobby

mrgoalie

Anyone who has any experience with either or both of these companies to get to & from Houston Hobby to the Carnival Freedom Terminal One in Galveston...please come forward and leave your opinion. It would be much appreciated.:confused:

Had a terrible experience with G. Express. Us and two other couples all had reservations together to go from Hobby to our Galveston hotel. We were scheduled to be picked up at 1:00. Driver never showed. We called at 1:30 and were told he was on his way and to please remain patient. Was told the same thing at 2:00. And again at 2:30...and so on. At 3:00 we ended up hiring a Super Shuttle and had to dispute our prepaid G. Express charges through our credit card companies.

This time we are using Uber. Rate estimator makes it cheaper than a shuttle for us.

I used Galveston Limo from the Houston International airport and was very impressed. The driver was the best we've ever had on any shuttle. We stayed at a hotel near the airport the night before the cruise and were going to take the hotel shuttle back to the airport to meet our Galveston Limo driver. However, he called us that morning when he was on his way and offered to pick us up at our hotel since he had time. Then he headed toward the Hobby airport to pick up more passengers and offered to pick up those passengers from their hotel too. He was very friendly and just a great driver. I would not hesitate to use them again.

We never considered cruising out of Galveston, but the airfares are looking really good from Boston compared to Florida. I assume that Houston is the closest airport to the cruise port? Is it do-able to fly in at 10:30am and make it to the ship?

We never considered cruising out of Galveston, but the airfares are looking really good from Boston compared to Florida. I assume that Houston is the closest airport to the cruise port? Is it do-able to fly in at 10:30am and make it to the ship?

The Hobby (William P Hobby - HOU) airport is closer than the Houston George Bush Intercontinental airport (IAH). Travel time varies depending on the type of transportation. If it were me, I would fly in the day before the cruise and stay at a hotel either near the airport or in Galveston.

I think a 10:30 arrival is fine as long as your flight arrives on time and there are no traffic delays. I wouldn't do it, but many people are fine with flying in the day of the cruise.

I had this same experience with Galveston Limo in June... they called and came to get us at our Hotel rather than us having to shuttle back to the airport.. then on the return our debarkation was later than we intended and they waited for us to get off the ship rather then us having to catch a later shuttle. (that is probably not as common since they have others in the shuttle that may have to get back)

I used Galveston Limo from the Houston International airport and was very impressed. The driver was the best we've ever had on any shuttle. We stayed at a hotel near the airport the night before the cruise and were going to take the hotel shuttle back to the airport to meet our Galveston Limo driver. However, he called us that morning when he was on his way and offered to pick us up at our hotel since he had time. Then he headed toward the Hobby airport to pick up more passengers and offered to pick up those passengers from their hotel too. He was very friendly and just a great driver. I would not hesitate to use them again.

Our group of 20 used Galveston Limo in May. We were picked up promptly at said times. All of our questions were answered quickly. Our driver Cecilia was terrific. We will be using them again. we had no issues at all.

• 2 weeks later...

You can go online and get a quote - they will e-mail one to you very promptly. We are planning a cruise in April 2018 with 9 people - 3 families and to/from Houston Hobby roundtrip came to about $50 per person. Really reasonable.

• 2 weeks later...

Just used them from Liberty of the Seas to Houston (Hobby) on 17 Sep. I only needed to book one way and did on line for total of $60 for DW and me. Pick up was scheduled to be at 1015 and got on the bus at 1035. Traffic was heavy but it was very refreshing to get on a bus with cool AC after being in the heat. Very comfortable ride to the airport and driver was very professional/courteous. I'd book them again in a second, I give them 2 thumbs up.