Bringing Wine Onboard a Two Segment Cruise

Oldfart432

I'm booked on a 33 day cruise on the Regatta from Miami to Papeete with a stop in San Diego. Many people disembark and others embark there. I know that I can carry on three bottles of wine in Miami, but can I carry on another three bottles in San Diego?

Are you sure of that? I thought that this was the policy:

"Bringing wine or Champagne onboard: Passengers may bring a maximum of three bottles of wine or Champagne onboard per cabin for the duration of a cruise (this includes embarkation and purchasing on shore during a port call). A corkage fee of $25 applies if wine is consumed in a public area or dining room."

"Bringing wine or Champagne onboard: Passengers may bring a maximum of three bottles of wine or Champagne onboard per cabin for the duration of a cruise (this includes embarkation and purchasing on shore during a port call). A corkage fee of $25 applies if wine is consumed in a public area or dining room."

They have always said that. I think it is just a way or an out of managing people who get out of hand with inappropriate drinking behavior which I have never seen. You cannot drink the wine/spirits you bring on board outside of your cabin. You may bring a bottle of wine to any of the dining venues and they will charge a corkage fee of $25. If the bottle is not used up then they will place your cabin number on it and you can consume the rest of the bottle in any of the dining venues on another day or bring it back to your cabin. I don't know what ports you will be stopping at but I would bring some on in Miami and if the other ports have reasonable prices then bring on some more when you port.

Yes, we are sure. I've never heard of the three bottle rule being enforced. Perhaps if you are very inebriated they will. While I haven't done this myself, many have posted on CC that they've brought on CASES of wine. But I've definitely brought on more than three bottles ...not often, but I have brought in five or so bottles of wine and never had a problem.

They are just protecting their butts from people who abuse the process.

It's still a lot better than other lines that don't allow you to bring any alcohol on board.

Don't sweat it, you'll be fine.

My new blue cruise booklet states all alcohol brought on board will be "held in bond" until the end of the cruise.

It did say that before but maybe too many people are abusing the generous policy they had

Also noticed in the FAQ they will hold anything over the 3 bottles

https://www.oceaniacruises.com/faq/

Or is it just to cover themselves in case ??

It seems to me that the 3 bottle limit is one of long standing. It's just always been ignored in the past.

Perhaps indeed too many people have been abusing the privilege if it now being enforced.

I just went through our cruise book page by page and didn't see anything about the policy. I could have missed it because I certainly didn't read every line on every page.

I found that, Lou, but mine just talks about having to be over 21 years of age, etc. Nothing about bringing bottles on board. I suppose I'm missing something!

For me it's not crucial ... I wasn't planning on bringing on more than 3 bottles anyway, since it's a 14 day cruise and we are in a suite that gives us the 6 bottles.

We shall see, I guess!

seems there is more new wording under the FAQ's on the website also it looks like they are covering all their bases

What is your alcohol policy for bringing bottles onboard?

The maximum of 3 bottles of independent wine (per stateroom, per cruise) can be brought on-board for the duration of the cruise. This includes guests flying with their own wine, or purchasing it on shore. We ask that guests let us know they are bringing wine on-board so the ship can be advised. Guests are welcome to enjoy their wine in the comfort and privacy of their stateroom or suite, or, if they prefer, may enjoy their wine in one of the ship’s dining rooms. Any wine consumed in the dining room or a public area will be subject to a corkage fee of $25.00 per bottle.

My new blue cruise booklet states all alcohol brought on board will be "held in bond" until the end of the cruise.

Lou,

I believe on a previous thread about this someone looked up a booklet from a cruise 4 or 5 years ago with the same wording.

Currently on board. Nothing has changed.

Viking Ocean is looking better and better..... It is reported they allow carryon of any beverage and drink it where you want. And no corkage fee. Good wine is a deal breaker for us. O only works for us because of the carry on options with corkage. Current sale prices until Sept 30 put many cruises the same price as O.

A lot of discussion here, but no one has addressed my original question.

"I'm booked on a 33 day cruise on the Regatta from Miami to Papeete with a stop in San Diego. Many people disembark and others embark there. I know that I can carry on three bottles of wine in Miami, but can I carry on another three bottles in San Diego? "

A lot of discussion here, but no one has addressed my original question.

"I'm booked on a 33 day cruise on the Regatta from Miami to Papeete with a stop in San Diego. Many people disembark and others embark there. I know that I can carry on three bottles of wine in Miami, but can I carry on another three bottles in San Diego? "

YES

Probably can bring on bottles in other ports also

Try it before you hit SD & see if they hold it