Royal Princess Cruise Sept 27, 2014

Sailing from NYC ... Newport, Boston, Bar Harbor, Saint John and Halifax and hoping someone who has visited these destinations can give us some ideas of where to go .... what to do, etc. Hoping to see the fall foliage .... you never know!!!! Thanks.

I have visited some of the ports you will be going to on cruises but not all. Here is a quick overview of what I liked.

Bar Harbor ME: walked the Shore Path, took the Lulu Lobster Boat tour, very good and informative (cheaper is you book it on your own rather than on the cruise ship).

Halifax NS: walked up hill to visit the Citadel and saw the noon canon ball firing (walking all the way there is advised only if you are very physically fit), visited the Maritime Museum (a 10-15 minutes walk from cruise ship along a nice boardwalk).

Tom Sheridan, a fellow cruiser, writes free no publicity port guides which are very helpful. Many of the ports you are going to are covered. Here is the link:

http://www.tomsportguides.com/portguides.html

Edited by Jolie_Cruiser

If you go back to the Ports of Call - Canada page here and do a search (Look to the right of the blue bar near the top of the page) for each port you will find many previous posts.

If you have some specific questions come back here and ask.