International Cafe

atdahop

Food is free:D And very good (mostly).

Drinks cost $. Brewed coffee (which some think is superior) and tea (different blends than are available in the buffet).

DH got a coffee card once. He loved the Lattes, etc (but loaded with calories). Said the brewed coffee was good, but he was happy with the buffet coffee.

Food is free:D And very good (mostly).

Drinks cost $. Brewed coffee (which some think is superior) and tea (different blends than are available in the buffet).

DH got a coffee card once. He loved the Lattes, etc (but loaded with calories). Said the brewed coffee was good, but he was happy with the buffet coffee.

Not to confuse you, but coffee at the buffet is not brewed. It's coffee made from syrup concentrate.

Do you pay for food and beverages at the International Cafe?

You pay for all beverages just like any bar. The food counter and beverage counter are separate, you have to go to both, or sit down and a waitress will take your beverage order.

You pay for all beverages just like any bar. The food counter and beverage counter are separate, you have to go to both, or sit down and a waitress will take your beverage order.

Per above, the food counter and the beverage counter are directly beside each other. Their chicken salad is especially good. :)

LuLu

Milk is at no cost. Chilled tap water is at no cost.

Sailing on the Island, which doesn't have an International Café yet---other than dinning rooms---where can I get brewed coffee or an espresso?

The bar on deck 5 and on the Lido deck will have fresh brewed coffee around 7AM.

Sent from my Transformer TF101 using Forums mobile app

You are aware though that this coffee is not free?

So where is free (or pre-paid) coffee available near the International Café on the Golden Princess. That's the ship the OP is sailing (and me, too). Do you have to go up to the buffet? Are there any free beverages near the IC?

Jim

Per above, the food counter and the beverage counter are directly beside each other. Their chicken salad is especially good. :)

LuLu

I love the chicken salad. I also love the shrimp salad and can't wait to have both in November.:D:D:D

So where is free (or pre-paid) coffee available near the International Café on the Golden Princess. That's the ship the OP is sailing (and me, too). Do you have to go up to the buffet? Are there any free beverages near the IC?

Jim

No free beverages near the IC. As stated previously, free beverages can be found in Horizon Court (buffet) or in the dining rooms. Also room service, but don't forget to tip the person bringing you the coffee and/or food.

Just off the Golden. The International Cafe is a great alternative to the mass hoards found at Horizon. The food at IC is available at NO charge, however, as already stated, all espresso drinks, brewed coffee and teas (IC has premium tea, different than Horizon court) are extra.

I do wish to express, I found the service to be abysmally slow at the coffee part of IC. If Princess wants to charge extra for espresso drinks and coffee, great....but they really need to up their game when it comes to more locations aboard their ships where one can get a QUICK espresso/coffee/tea.

It doesn't matter if my cruise took place during the busy season (Alaska), the que was literally 9-10 people deep ALL THE TIME! To make matters worse, the "baristas" moved at a snail's pace. Frequently, I had to repeat my order to them...SEVERAL times, due to their forgetting what I JUST TOLD THEM....or lack of comprehension.

Many guests complained and echoed my sentiments.

No free beverages near the IC. As stated previously, free beverages can be found in Horizon Court (buffet) or in the dining rooms. Also room service, but don't forget to tip the person bringing you the coffee and/or food.
I have been able to get hot water at the IC to brew tea bags from the HC while DW has her coffee fix.

Sent from my iPad using Forums mobile app

If you mean by pre-paid the coffee card or the all inclusive beverage package, they are both usable at the IC.