Boston: Old Town Trolley Tours/ Sam Adams Brewery

casandbliz

This will be our first time to Boston. I am considering taking the Old Town Trolley Tour bus for obvious reasons, but we like Sam Adams beer, so my DH would probably like to stop there. Is there a spot where we could get off the bus and walk to the brewery that wouldn't be too far?

The Sam Adams brewery is well away from most of the tourist attractions, and not near any of the Old Town Trolley stops. However, it's about a five-minute walk from the Stony Brook Station on the "T" Orange Line (subway). Stony Brook Station is about a 15 minute subway ride from State Street Station (also on the Orange Line), which is very convenient to the Old State House stop on the trolley tour.

Sam Adams is not actually brewed in New England. It's brewed at various large breweries across the country. The Boston Beer Company (the company that makes Sam) is headquartered in Boston, where they have a small brewery for show (and for developing new products).

Harpoon is a real New England beer, produced at breweries in Boston and Vermont, and its brewery tours are quite close to the Black Falcon cruise port, in South Boston. So I would second that recommendation. But if it's specifically the Sam Adams brand that is the real attraction, a short taxi or subway ride can take you there.

Edited by Blue Mudshark

• 1 month later...