New ships 2014 for different cruise lines.

Thebes

Thank you KJW and 7seas. Found out RC is giving birth to Quantum of the seas in fall 2014. Wonder how awesome the cruising experience on a brand new ship ? Has any of you done that before ?

We're booked however on the Eurodam for b2b Caribbean in feb 14. Thanks again guys.

Wonder how awesome the cruising experience on a brand new ship ? Has any of you done that before ?

Yes. I was on the first two cruises of the E-dam.

Much better to wait a few months for all the problems to be shaken out. Let the dust be cleared, all the screws tightened, fixtures fixed, and the crew get to working as a team.

I'll never take another inaugural cruise again.

Much better to wait a few months for all the problems to be shaken out. Let the dust be cleared, all the screws tightened, fixtures fixed, and the crew get to working as a team.

I'll second that motion;) NO more inaugurals for us either

We have 2 inaugural cruises.

First one was in 1989 -- the original Star Princess.

And then again in 1998 -- the Grand Princess.

Those cruises were quite interesting as the ships were not really "broken" in.

After those experiences we now wait at least 4 months before we cruise on a new ship.

We were with Ruth on this cruise and will also not take another Inaugural cruise again. We expected the 'new ship' problems and saw them as an adventure. While we did encounter those, that isn't why we won't take another Inaugural. What we didn't expect was to be treated as an 'inconvenience'. Unless you are among the invited (cruising for free), you really aren't worthy of being on an Inaugural. :rolleyes: Nope, not paying through the nose for the 'honor' of that kind of treatment again.

Much better to wait a few months for all the problems to be shaken out. Let the dust be cleared, all the screws tightened, fixtures fixed, and the crew get to working as a team. [/

A Senior HAL Officer indicated to us it normally takes about a year to shake all the bugs out of a new ship.

Archived