early flight Logan

Jiffymom

says ship arrives at 6 am. Yes I know that could change.

Do you think if I carried my own luggage we could get to Logan by 9 a.m

for a 10.00 am flight

If the ship arrives at 6AM , the earliest people can start disembarkation is probably 7AM. You have to clear customs and grab a taxi to get to Logan.

Depending on the day (M-F) the traffic in Boston is probably horrific.

Then you have to clear airport security. For a 10AM flight they usually start to close the doors around 9:45 .

What time does your cruise line recommend for the earliest flight. Go by there recommendation.

says ship arrives at 6 am. Yes I know that could change.

Do you think if I carried my own luggage we could get to Logan by 9 a.m

for a 10.00 am flight

We just got off Brilliance on Sunday and you would have made the airport way before 9am if you were on our sailing. I dropped my Mom off in southern NH before 9:30 and we did not self disembark, we had green 1 tags that had us off right after self disembark. Self disembark was scheduled to start at 8:15 but started right around 7:30. We were scheduled to disembark between 8:20 and 8:30 but started at 7:45.

One thing to consider is we arrived in Boston around 2am because of a medical emergency onboard. Immigration and Customs boarded at 7am for all non-USA passengers and for those who had duty to pay. Everyone else just handed over their customs form at the end of the gangway. No passports were checked at all.

It all depends on whether the ship gets in on time and if everyone who is supposed to report for immigration actually goes at their assigned time. We only heard them paging once for a specific woman. The last time we sailed from Boston, they paged for one person for almost a half hour. That delayed every one until that person finally showed up.

We just got off Brilliance on Sunday and you would have made the airport way before 9am if you were on our sailing. I dropped my Mom off in southern NH before 9:30 and we did not self disembark, we had green 1 tags that had us off right after self disembark. Self disembark was scheduled to start at 8:15 but started right around 7:30. We were scheduled to disembark between 8:20 and 8:30 but started at 7:45.

One thing to consider is we arrived in Boston around 2am because of a medical emergency onboard. Immigration and Customs boarded at 7am for all non-USA passengers and for those who had duty to pay. Everyone else just handed over their customs form at the end of the gangway. No passports were checked at all.

It all depends on whether the ship gets in on time and if everyone who is supposed to report for immigration actually goes at their assigned time. We only heard them paging once for a specific woman. The last time we sailed from Boston, they paged for one person for almost a half hour. That delayed every one until that person finally showed up.

I have bolded the key word in your excellent post. If the OP is arriving on a Sunday (or a Saturday), the chances are much better of this working out than if the OP is arriving on a weekday.