Calabaza or Silver Moon?

BC2014

We have a group of nine people and are trying to decide between a private Silver Moon (Moondance) lunch tour or a non-private lunch tour with Calabaza (two unknown people are reserved already). Comments? Suggestions? Can we really go wrong either way?

I don't know about Moondance but I booked on Carnival Fascination for this year only because I wanted to go back to Barbados for Calabaza again. Best excursion I've been on ever. If there are 9 of you plus just 2 or 3 others it will be just like a private excursion. I can't imagine a couple of people being an issue.

I don't know about Moondance but I booked on Carnival Fascination for this year only because I wanted to go back to Barbados for Calabaza again. Best excursion I've been on ever. If there are 9 of you plus just 2 or 3 others it will be just like a private excursion. I can't imagine a couple of people being an issue.

Calabaza has only two boats. Need to book early with that many people in your group.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

We have reserved the Calabaza cruise already. Just wondering if we should do the private Moondance tour instead. Pretty sure we've decided to stay with the Calabaza tour.

• 3 weeks later...

We have Calabaza booked for our group of 14 in November, but I see on their booking page that they have 10 spots left for the day we booked. Do they have 2 catamarans? Would hate to have a problem with booking as we are really looking forward to sailing with them.

• 4 weeks later...
We have Calabaza booked for our group of 14 in November, but I see on their booking page that they have 10 spots left for the day we booked. Do they have 2 catamarans? Would hate to have a problem with booking as we are really looking forward to sailing with them.

Yes they have two. One is operated by the owner and the other by her son, at least when we were in it last. Excellent time on this excursion.

Yes they have two. One is operated by the owner and the other by her son, at least when we were in it last. Excellent time on this excursion.

Thanks for the reply! We are really looking forward to a wonderful day with them!!

Just a suggestion. A few of us booked with Calabazza from the ship. I contacted them directly about having us all on the same cat. They had no problem with making that happen. Might make sense to see if they would max their cat out for just your group for a slightly higher cost pp? Wouldn't hurt to reach out either way and explain the situation to see what they might do for you.

• 4 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...

I wanted to come back to this forum and specifically a thread like this one to thank those of you who have related about Calbaza. We too were in Barbados and I stuck with a ship sponsored catamaran that time, but other people on our ship went with Calabaza and I've read a lot of other reviews, all good.

I just booked them for May 3rd, I'll definitely be back to relate the experience. Communicating with them so far has been a breeze.

• 4 weeks later...
Thanks for the reply! We are really looking forward to a wonderful day with them!!

How was your day with Calabaza? We are in port from 9-6 and they adjusted their sail time to 9:30 but that only gives us 15 mins to get to the meeting spot. Did you have any problems with your times? Their web videos look amazing. Thanks.

How was your day with Calabaza? We are in port from 9-6 and they adjusted their sail time to 9:30 but that only gives us 15 mins to get to the meeting spot. Did you have any problems with your times? Their web videos look amazing. Thanks.

They meet you at the port and drive to where the catamarans are. It is a hike from where the ship is docked to the port area. There are vans that go back and forth to transport cruise passengers, however.

Our day with Calabaza was GREAT! If you get off the ship right away you should not have any problems. Directions to the pick-up point were very easy to follow. Once we were off ship it probably took 5 minutes to walk the pier, through the shops and out the doors. We were there a few minutes before pick-up time and the van arrived exactly on time. I suppose the walk on the pier could take longer if there are several ships in port and you are the last ones docked.We were the only ship there. Just make sure you are ready to get off when they allow people to leave. Have a great day with Calabaza!

• 2 months later...

I would highly recommend Calypso Girl....Nick and Val are the very best..They only take 14 people so there is plenty of room. The drinks flow from the minute you get on the catamaran to when you leave..I brought people from our cruise last time and they thought it was the best excursion of the voyage...definately give them a shout..