Shoretrips.com - Is it any good?

josieann

Has anyone used Shoretrips.com? I have am interested in a 4WD excursion in Grenada. I'd appreciate any feedback you may have.

Thanks!

I hadn't heard of these people and having looked at the web site I am no better off. However what I would say is that there prices for tours in Grenada look very expensive in comparison to the operators I know.

For Grenada I would recommend you use Mandoo for a tour but he doesn't use4WD vehicles. He has an air conditioned mini van. His web site is www.grenadatours.com and he can be contacted by email mandoo@grenadatours.com

• 4 weeks later...
Has anyone used Shoretrips.com? I have am interested in a 4WD excursion in Grenada. I'd appreciate any feedback you may have.

Thanks!

We were in Grenada last January...it was still pretty devastated from the hurricane that had hit them. If you decide on just having a relaxing day I HIGHLY recommend grabbing a cab and asking the driver to take you to The Aquarium restaurant (don't forget to give him a time to pick you up again!). There you'll pretty much have an entire beach all to yourself -- there were three other people on the beach the day we went, and they only stayed a short time. We had the best day of our vacation. The water was calm, the kids loved it. We could look out across and see our ship in port. There are a few beach chairs already there, and we had a great lunch at the Aquarium. Absolutely beautiful day. :)

• 8 months later...

We used them several times. We had no problems and will use them again. One reason we like booking with them is that most of the tours there isn't a large group like you will get on a ship shore excrusions. For example DW, I, and another couple we were cruising with did a horse back riding tour in St Kitts, that went thru the rain forest. There was us and another family for a total of 8 people. They picked us up at the port and drop us off anywhere we wanted.

Hope this helps...

• 1 month later...

I have used them several times. In fact, I check them before I check the cruise lines excursions. They almost always come in a little cheaper and have smaller groups. They have never let me down yet. If you want, you can call them and talk to one of the owners. That's what I did the first time. They never recommend a tour that they have not gone on themselves.

I think they are great! I recommended them to my TA.

• 7 years later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I know them well. I'm a travel agent and use them regularly. They not only contract with smaller, yet very reliable local tour companies on each island, they provide a quality product, small groups and while the prices vary, I like having a company with a good reputation behind them. Shortrips has that. Never had a problem in all the times that I've used them personally or booked them for my own clients.

I like that they use the local tour companies!!

• 3 weeks later...

I have used Shore Trips for several years both as a consumer and as a travel agent making bookings for clients. They are always prompt, have reputable staff, and offer good tours at each location. I would not hesitate to use them again.

• 1 month later...
  • 9 months later...
We used them several times. We had no problems and will use them again. One reason we like booking with them is that most of the tours there isn't a large group like you will get on a ship shore excrusions. For example DW, I, and another couple we were cruising with did a horse back riding tour in St Kitts, that went thru the rain forest. There was us and another family for a total of 8 people. They picked us up at the port and drop us off anywhere we wanted.

Hope this helps...

This is the same excursion I'm looking at. How was it? Is it worth the 94.00. Thank You

• 2 months later...
  • 2 years later...

It sounds like most people's experience with Shoretrips has been good. Mine was not. They failed to confirm details with the excursion vendors and my group had a bad experience on both of the excursions. When they returned from their trip and told me about it, I informed Shoretrips about their bad experience, and was told there was no recourse, which they told me by email. The owner did not talk to me at all. I then had my phone calls avoided and they never returned my phone calls. After the one email from the owner, there has been no communication from them at all. It has been extremely upsetting.

I have found that that if you use the shore excursion agencies they sometimes to take a large commission from the actual people providing the tours and jack up the price. In the past I have used numerous agencies to check out what I might like to do then contacted the operators directly for their actual cost. My fallback is always TripAdvisor to see what tours are top and then contact them directly.