Sad news

Silver Spectre

Thank you Mr Silver for sharing this sad News. We have come to know Susan & Joe well over the Years and we are much saddened to have lost such a character. She cared so much about the Silversea Family and in particular the wonderful Crew who she wholeheartedly supported in many ways.

The Photograph published by Terry of a Breakfast on the Norway Cruise is an example of her generosity of spirit in that she organised the Event for CC Members including ourselves. It is so fitting that this shot should include her great Friend Gianni Dotti who also passed away not so long ago.

We send our condolences and fondest wishes to Joe and her Family at this difficult time - Susan is a Lady who will be deeply missed by her many Friends throughout the World.

Very sad news. I'd never met, but read many of her posts and was looking forward to her Muse review, where my thoughts were on a speedy recovery after saying she'd not been feeling well. So sad.

Sympathies to her friends and family.

The Photograph published by Terry of a Breakfast on the Norway Cruise is an example of her generosity of spirit in that she organised the Event for CC Members including ourselves. It is so fitting that this shot should include her great Friend Gianni Dotti who also passed away not so long ago.

Appreciate so much your kind mention of Gianni Dotti. I had forgotten that he was in that picture, too. That was another huge loss for Silversea fans during the past few months with Gianni's untimely passing. Meeting and interacting with BOTH of them during our July 2010 Norway cruise was very special and highly memorable.

THANKS! Enjoy! Terry in Ohio

AFRICA?!!?: Lots of interesting and dramatic pictures can be seen from this live/blog at:

www.boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=2310337

Now at 31,887 views for this visual sharing including Cape Town, along South Africa’s coast, Mozambique, Victoria Falls/Zambia and Botswana's famed Okavango Delta area.

Thanks to Mr. Silver for starting this thread remembering duct tape, posted a link to this thread honoring duct tape (she asked me to never use Mr. Duct tape and her name here) on her Facebook page--her FB friends like her SS friends absolutely adore her.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

That is very sad news. Online boards can be rather soulless places, but "Duct Tape" was always one of those people who treated it like a group of friends who'd dropped in for a chat. I will certainly miss her posts, may she rest in peace.

I just yesterday joined Cruise Critic so that I could formally honor Susan's memory here. Choozi Entertainment, as well as all the Artists who worked for me, and for you, the guests of Silversea ... are incredibly saddened to hear this news. Many of my singers emailed me immediately when each one heard of Susan's passing, each as devastated as the last. So if I may, to Joe and all of Susan's family and friends, please accept my sincere condolences on the loss of a beautiful soul. Susan was so supportive of the Artists, as well as myself. She and I exchanged private messages on occasion, of which I always enjoyed her humor. The Artists, my Creative Team, and I will remember her fondly. RIP Duct Tape. Your Silversea family will miss you greatly.

I just yesterday joined Cruise Critic so that I could formally honor Susan's memory here. Choozi Entertainment, as well as all the Artists who worked for me, and for you, the guests of Silversea ... are incredibly saddened to hear this news.
Thank you for joining CC and honoring Duct Tape here. Your story was lovely.

Thank you for joining CC and honoring Duct Tape here. Your story was lovely.

Thank you for your kind words. I have been reading Cruise Critic since I created the first Olympic dive show for Royal Caribbean's Oasis of the Seas in 2009, but I have never posted and had stopped reading the boards some time ago. I am still friends with many Silversea guests, a few of which are Cruise Critic members. I know how much she enjoyed this forum.

We met Duct Tape on our first ever cruise with Silversea on the Shadow. She was amazing at directing us through the process. We've been lucky to cruise several times since with her. She was so amazing - what a great lady!!!! RIP - we adore you!!!