Ocean Water level/height/depth at beach- Nachi Cocom

chisai

NC looks wonderful, have question I can't seem to get the search terms right to bring back the results I'm trying to find.

I read in one review that the beach drops off quickly after the water line.

My question is how deep is it when it drops off? Will it be too deep for the average height 7 year old to stand? Does it drop and then stay at that dropped level for a while or does it continue to drop?

My kids like to hang out in the water and relax with the waves, and so do I, and I'm only 5 feet tall. Trying to see if this will work for us.

Thanks!

Edited by chisai

There is a drop off of about 18" depending on tide. The undertow is pretty considerable as well. Might be hard to get out once you're in. When we were there 2 weeks ago it was pretty rough & all the kids I saw had on life jackets

Sent from my iPad using Forums

There is a drop off of about 18" depending on tide. The undertow is pretty considerable as well. Might be hard to get out once you're in. When we were there 2 weeks ago it was pretty rough & all the kids I saw had on life jackets

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Ah, ok, good to know! Thanks for your reply.

I recall the drop off being closer to 6-12 inches and no undertow. We rented a floating mat (under $10) and the water was as smooth as glass and wonderful. Enjoy. :)

Thanks! I wonder if time of year impacts this. When were you there?

The beach and the water entry will change with the weather/time of year/etc. When we were there, there was no drop-off. It's like any other ocean beach. One day it will be flat as a pancake and the next day there may be a bit of a step down. If the water is rough because of weather, the bottom may not be as flat.

The beach and the water entry will change with the weather/time of year/etc. When we were there, there was no drop-off. It's like any other ocean beach. One day it will be flat as a pancake and the next day there may be a bit of a step down. If the water is rough because of weather, the bottom may not be as flat.

Thank you. For now I will keep the reservation. I think the kids will be fine in the sand and right at the front if needed, or the pool. i just want to relax, even if it's on a floating mat.

When we were there in November last year, there was also a 6-12" drop off.... would catch you off guard if you weren't looking for it, but weather was great and no undertow. Lots of kids on beach and in the water, and a great place for little ones to snorkel that day.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Thank you. For now I will keep the reservation. I think the kids will be fine in the sand and right at the front if needed, or the pool. i just want to relax, even if it's on a floating mat.

It will be fine for the kids. If there's a "drop-off" it's just a knee-jarring missed step type of thing....not anything dangerous. The sand area in the water is nice an sandy...not too many rocks or anything, so once you get in, no worries!!

When we were there in November last year, there was also a 6-12" drop off.... would catch you off guard if you weren't looking for it, but weather was great and no undertow. Lots of kids on beach and in the water, and a great place for little ones to snorkel that day.

Thanks! We will be prepared for whatever it is like.

We were there two weeks in a row. (Last week of April & first week of May) The first week the water was perfect without dropoff or undertow. We were very surprised the next week to have a good 18" drop off & pretty strong undertow (this was on 5 May)

We were there two weeks in a row. (Last week of April & first week of May) The first week the water was perfect without dropoff or undertow. We were very surprised the next week to have a good 18" drop off & pretty strong undertow (this was on 5 May)

Thanks! I guess it's just luck of the draw!