Watson's Bay walk to light house advice

dkata

Going to spend a day at Bondi Beach and Watson's Bay.

We'll take the #333 bus from CQ to Bondi Beach and spend the AM and have lunch there.

Lunch suggestions?

Then we'll take the #380 bus to Watson's Bay.

The bus ends Where? It looks like it's close to the trail to see the Gap.

So we will walk that trail.

But then we want to walk to the lighthouse.

Is there a suggested trail that stays on the top of the hill

or should we walk down to the beach and follow that trail to the light house

or take Cliff street so we don't have to walk on the beach just yet and get the trail at the end of Cliff street

Then from there walk to the lighthouse and back along the beach path

We want to end up at Doyles for early dinner

and then we will take the ferry back to CQ

Any suggestions or advice is appreciated. And anything we should see along the way.

The only times I've done this walk we went to the end of Cliff St, to Camp Cove beach, and the walking track starts on the right side of the beach (looking out to sea). It's a lovely walk with great views.

I always do a similar walk in reverse because the Watson's Bay ferry service is poor later in the day. You might want to check the time table. If no ferry, you can always catch the bus back after dinner.

I walk to the left along the beach as you get off the ferry, then walk to the end of the short peninsula, where I enjoy watching the activity on the Harbour. Then I walk down to the beach and along the beach, then the coastal walk to the Harbour Entrance. Then I walk back along the top road for lunch at Doyles. Walk up the hill through the park to The Gap, where you can catch bus to North Bondi. There is a RSL Club there for meals and drinks, as well as an excellent seafood restaurant, overlooking the Bondi Beach. (I eat at North Bondi in preference to Bondi.) Then I walk along Bondi Beach to Icebergs, for a drink (food is good here) overlooking the popular rock pool and Bondi Beach, before catching a bus back in to the city.

An alternative walk is along the oceanfront from The Gap towards Bondi. You can catch the Bondi bus along this route, when you get tired of walking.

I love Watson's Bay, North Bondi, Bondi, which is a walker's paradise. Enjoy!

Edited by MMDown Under

Thanks for the response from everyone! This was exactly what I was looking for. Great suggestions.

looks like after doing the trail to the Gap, we will come back downhill and walk Cliff street to the end to the Harbor trail to the light house.

At Bondi, I take it you don't have to be a member of the RSL surf club to eat there?

I checked the ferry service from Watson's bay on Saturday, and there is an hourly ferry back to CQ until 930p,

During the week, the ferry service appears to be sparse, so that is definitely a consideration, so the weekend it is with all the other tourists.

Any reason to prefer lunch at Doyles rather that early evening at sunset?

Thanks for the response from everyone! This was exactly what I was looking for. Great suggestions.

looks like after doing the trail to the Gap, we will come back downhill and walk Cliff street to the end to the Harbor trail to the light house.

At Bondi, I take it you don't have to be a member of the RSL surf club to eat there?

I checked the ferry service from Watson's bay on Saturday, and there is an hourly ferry back to CQ until 930p,

During the week, the ferry service appears to be sparse, so that is definitely a consideration, so the weekend it is with all the other tourists.

Any reason to prefer lunch at Doyles rather that early evening at sunset?

No you don't have to be a member of the Returned Services League (RSL), North Bondi, to eat there. Just show ID and they sign you in (take off your hat inside). You also don't have to be a member of Icebergs at other end of Bondi Beach - same sign in procedure. Both venues have fabulous views of Bondi Beach and the rock pools.

No special reason why I eat lunch at Doyles - just timing when I am there. Sunset would be beautiful.