May 2 - 10% Early Booking Bonus

Stumblefoot

Okay, who booked a new cruise to lock in the 10% EBB before it expired today and what voyage did you secure?

We decided to lock in #6815 on the Muse; Athens to Rome. It looks like a fun itinerary around the Greek Isles and over to Malta before heading up to Amalfi which we absolutely adore. With 2018 per diem rates on the Muse now nearly 25% higher than when 2017 voyages were released, I didn't want to risk another price increase even though I expect SS will extend the EBB program.

Looking forward to reading responses!

We took advantage of the discount, actually did it Friday through our TA to make sure there was no delay or issue, for Silver Spirit Voyage 5732. That is a planned cruise so not exactly a last minute hedge against potential fare increases. With the Silversea 10% and our TA's incentives we've done quite well for this cruise.

Brian, thanks for starting this interesting thread. Both Randyk47 and your itineraries have ports we loved (Mykonos (island of Delos excursion to view ancient ruins/then hike to highest point on Delos for magnificent view) and for Sharm al Sheikh (snorkeling in Red Sea).

We took advantage of the EBB on the Cloud Expedition voyage #1806 for next February-March (Ushuaia to Cape town) making our final payment today. And as you know well our TA will ensure we get a bonus second to none.

Will be interesting to see--as other SS cruise critics have posted elsewhere--to see what the cruise fares for our voyages are tomorrow.

487f4c8cd88a9bc6d20ccacc6c325406.jpg

86abdff39683112bb53b4df897e9e580.jpg

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Edited by WesW

Brian, thanks for starting this interesting thread. Both Randyk47 and your itineraries have ports we loved (Mykonos (Delos excursion to view ancient ruins/then hike to highest point on Delose for magnificent view) and for Sharm al Sheikh (snorkeling in Red Sea).
You bet Wes. My pleasure. And, thanks for sharing your favorite Mykonos excursion. That hike sounds like something we would enjoy immensely. If the views are anything like the views at Oia on Santorini, I'm in!
And as you know well our TA will ensure we get a bonus second to none.
Totally agree. Even though the Muse & Cloud Expedition have the highest per diems in 2018, between the EBB, VS, OBD, and TA, we are satisfied. We are really excited to be able to reward Taylor with a Muse cruise after her first year of college next year.
Will be interesting to see--as other SS cruise critics have posted elsewhere--to see what the cruise fares for our voyages are tomorrow.

No doubt. We were looking at several different voyages, so I'll let you know what I see.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hi,

We booked Singapore to Hong Kong on the Silver Shadow with the early booking bonus, with business class seats thrown in!!! But it is only from Australia!!! Looking forward to the cruise:hearteyes:

Dale and David.

When I booked there was the same special being offered too:).....I booked in February and I am sailing on The Spirit in August.:D...nice to save some money:D

Good for you! And, what an interesting itinerary. Will you plan to see the great pyramids?

Yes. We're going to take a land tour while the Spirit is docked in Alexandria and will actually spend one night off the ship in Cairo.

As of this morning Silversea has extended the 10% early booking/payment discount for our cruise until 30 June. However, the fare for our cabin has gone up $450/person so about 5%. What left hand giveth, the right hand taketh away.

Edited by Randyk47

As of this morning Silversea has extended the 10% early booking/payment discount for our cruise until 30 June. However, the fare for our cabin has gone up $450/person so about 5%. What left hand giveth, the right hand taketh away.

I look at this that you made the right decision to pay up now.... often they add an incentive offer and increase... so you've done well.

I coughed up yesterday.... mine has also been extended to 30 June (they all will have I expect apart from earlier sailings which will have dropped off that offer.)

Mine has no change, so I could have waited another 2 months. Win some lose some. No biggie really. I took it as a gamble that it could have gone up in price so not too upset by it really.

3 cruises booked with the 10% saving: Wind TA Nov 17; Spirit Cape Town-Cape Town Jan 18; Whisper TA Oct 18. I notice that the base fare for each of these has risen substantially since booking. Whether this has been magnified by the value of the slowly dying £ or not I don't know but I worked out that if we booked today it would have cost an extra £3000. EACH! That's not loose change.

Randy, we are booked on the May 7, 2018 Dublin to Barcelona cruise. We took advantage of the 10% discount in late April and "saved" almost $2,000. We looked this morning and the price of our Classic Veranda Suite has gone up $50/person. My DW, who tracks these things, notes that Silversea seems to giveth and taketh with some regularity.

Edited by Hanoverian

3 cruises booked with the 10% saving: Wind TA Nov 17; Spirit Cape Town-Cape Town Jan 18; Whisper TA Oct 18. I notice that the base fare for each of these has risen substantially since booking. Whether this has been magnified by the value of the slowly dying £ or not I don't know but I worked out that if we booked today it would have cost an extra £3000. EACH! That's not loose change.

I expect its more down to whats selling well rather than currency for any changes now. If it were for currency fluctuations, I would expect the price changes today would be across the board. The cruise I'd originally booked and the one I paid in full for have not changed in price. The one I'm on is only at 30% capacity Had it been higher I would have predicted a price hike.

I look at this that you made the right decision to pay up now.... often they add an incentive offer and increase... so you've done well.

I coughed up yesterday.... mine has also been extended to 30 June (they all will have I expect apart from earlier sailings which will have dropped off that offer.)

Mine has no change, so I could have waited another 2 months. Win some lose some. No biggie really. I took it as a gamble that it could have gone up in price so not too upset by it really.

We absolutely made the right decision to go ahead and pay. I don't think we ever seriously considered not taking advantage of that offer hoping they'd make a better one, at least I didn't. Not sure if they would have extended that offer to us at our original fare or at the new fare but that's overcome by events since we went ahead and paid in full. I do find it interesting that our cruise , as best I can tell, is not selling all that well and yet they raised fares. Means I'm off on my estimate of remaining cabins or they think interest will go up as we get closer to the cruise date. Cruise is in November so lots of time for them to adjust.

We absolutely made the right decision to go ahead and pay. I don't think we ever seriously considered not taking advantage of that offer hoping they'd make a better one, at least I didn't. Not sure if they would have extended that offer to us at our original fare or at the new fare but that's overcome by events since we went ahead and paid in full. I do find it interesting that our cruise , as best I can tell, is not selling all that well and yet they raised fares. Means I'm off on my estimate of remaining cabins or they think interest will go up as we get closer to the cruise date. Cruise is in November so lots of time for them to adjust.

If it's not selling well .... watch the offers appear from June 30th.

My last one just gone... had £299 Caribbean air fairs added in June, then a 2 category upgrade in August then $1000 on board spend added in October. The price didn't change from our time of booking though I don't know what the starting price was. The early booking was always there up to November.

It's always wise to check each month. You never know, something might get added, though now, for you, you would need a o pay the current price hike to get it,,,, that's the real give and take away..

I live in hope now that ours has survived the May hike!

I am new to SS and felt somewhat of a "fool" this morning when I noticed that the 10% early booking discount for our 15-day Cloud to Antarctica in December 2018 (that I paid off on 4/26) had been extended until June 30th. Upon closer inspection I noticed that the Veranda suites increased by 1.2%, so I am out 8.8%. It still annoys me that they have my entire fare 600+ days before sailing, not to mention that the All Inclusive Expedition package with discounted air, hotel, transfers, charter flight to Ushuaia, etc. is only for sailings until February 2018.

Eager to learn SS secrets from you pros.

If it's not selling well .... watch the offers appear from June 30th.

My last one just gone... had £299 Caribbean air fairs added in June, then a 2 category upgrade in August then $1000 on board spend added in October. The price didn't change from our time of booking though I don't know what the starting price was. The early booking was always there up to November.

It's always wise to check each month. You never know, something might get added, though now, for you, you would need a o pay the current price hike to get it,,,, that's the real give and take away..

I live in hope now that ours has survived the May hike!

I always check our booked or researched and planned cruises on pretty much a weekly basis. If Silversea treats the early payment in full as our "final payment date" then that might hamper some incentives like OBCs. I'm assuming if there was a fare reduction below what we paid then the fare guarantee program would kick in. I really can't complain though. This is a Venetian Society cruise so that's a 5% savings then the early payment 10% and then our TA's incentives. On a cost per day basis this is actually one of the lower Silversea's cruises.

Edited by Randyk47

I always check our booked or researched and planned cruises on pretty much a weekly basis. If Silversea treats the early payment in full as our "final payment date" then that might hamper some incentives like OBCs. I'm assuming if there was a fare reduction below what we paid then the fare guarantee program would kick in. I really can't complain though. This is a Venetian Society cruise so that's a 5% savings then the early payment 10% and then our TA's incentives. On a cost per day basis this is actually one of the lower Silversea's cruises.

My Spirit cruise next year has the 10% final payment, 5% on board booking discount and 5% Venetian discount applied. If in two months they applied an incentive without changing the price, I would expect to be offered that discount since the T&Cs under the price guarantee would kick in. If the price went up by say $100 each, then I would be outside that warranty, however, I would be able to cancel and bring all those discounts with me (assuming the early booking discount was still running) for a net gain if applicable.

I am new to SS and felt somewhat of a "fool" this morning when I noticed that the 10% early booking discount for our 15-day Cloud to Antarctica in December 2018 (that I paid off on 4/26) had been extended until June 30th. Upon closer inspection I noticed that the Veranda suites increased by 1.2%, so I am out 8.8%. It still annoys me that they have my entire fare 600+ days before sailing, not to mention that the All Inclusive Expedition package with discounted air, hotel, transfers, charter flight to Ushuaia, etc. is only for sailings until February 2018.

Eager to learn SS secrets from you pros.

Im not sure I'm following your logic and understanding correctly. I feel for you at the length youve shelled out in advance - that is a long time for sure and I completely concur with your annoyance at the air fare situation at the moment only going up to February. Its a gamble as mentioned and I do wonder what the starting prices of those fares up to that date were. (Silversea often adds incentives which look good on paper, but hide a price increase thats been made at the same time.)

Youve paid a price with a 10% discount and had you not paid that and waited until now, it would have cost you 1.2% more and no doubt will increase nearer to sailing and the discount eventually removed. Not sure why you're saying you've discount is now only 8.8% ?

I expect its more down to whats selling well rather than currency for any changes now. If it were for currency fluctuations, I would expect the price changes today would be across the board. The cruise I'd originally booked and the one I paid in full for have not changed in price. The one I'm on is only at 30% capacity Had it been higher I would have predicted a price hike.

Yes, that makes sense.

Cflutist, if the Terms & Conditions (SBC, Fare price, Air) change before sailing prior/on/post final pay on any of our booked SS cruises we immediately have our Travel Agent (TA) go to bat for us. Our TA (vs us stepping in the batter box trying to get SS to match new offer) represents a scale of dozens maybe hundreds of Silversea clients. Therefore, when the TA contacts SS, we have found SS is more prone to match/meet the change in T&C. We have not been disappointed with our TA's success with T&C changes in dozens of SS cruises booked/sailed. So, recommend you have your TA go to bat for you. If you booked directly with SS, on the other hand, then recommend you go back to the SS rep who handled your booking and request their assistance to match the new offer you covet. Even if you're not successful with this second option (having booked through SS) you could ask the SS rep if they say they can't match the specific offer, in the interest of good business to offer you additional SBC.

And if you have to go back to the SS rep if your booked direct and they cannot assist you, in our opinion this is good reason to find a good TA to handle your future cruises.

Hope this helps

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I spoke too soon. My Spirit cruise in April 2018 has indeed now got a £50 price increase.

Fingers crossed the offers start to flow.

We booked Voyage #1823, Colon, Panama - Lima, Peru, October 2018 with the early booking discount. It will be our first Silversea cruise, looking forward to it!

Sent from my iPad using Forums