Anthem Classic Dining Rotation - when do you know

• 2 weeks later...
Can anyone who has had Classic Dining tell me when they got their rotation of restaurants or how long prior to sailing that RC let them know?

We found out when we got to the Stateroom.

1. The Grande

2. Silk

3. American Icon

4. Chic

and then rotated in order. :)

Do all of the restaurants have kids menus?

If you do classic you have to do all of the complimentary restaurants?

Do the complimentary restaurants have the usual grilled chicken, etc that you can get every night like they do in a traditional dining room?

If you do classic you have to do all of the complimentary restaurants?

Do the complimentary restaurants have the usual grilled chicken, etc that you can get every night like they do in a traditional dining room?

You rotate between Silk, Grande, American Icon and Chic. If you want you can also dine in buffet or other restaurants - but rotation is between those four. So it is not mandatory but you have received seat for each night assigned in rotation.

They have the "classic" menu available in each restaurant - steak, chicken and salmon the same way as in MDR. So those are available daily.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
I don't mind the rotation' date=' but don't like formal attire so I guess I can just select another restaurant for the night(s) the Grande are on the rotation?[/quote']

I assume the system will not let you make other reservations if you have DD Classic so you'd have to go and wait a bit at one of the other venues.

I've signed up for dynamic classic and it says 5:30. I'm pretty sure our friends says 6:00. Which is it?:confused:

You'll find out for sure the first night - just go there after embarkation and ask at the first venue listed in your rotation. It will likely be 6.

I assume the system will not let you make other reservations if you have DD Classic so you'd have to go and wait a bit at one of the other venues.

I'm wondering if that will be allowed. Currently if you are in traditional you can't go to the my time dining room. I'm wondering if the same will be true if you DD Classic if they will let you go to another dining room or if you'll need to go the buffet, specialty, etc., if you wish to skip a particular restaurant in your rotation? It would be interesting to find out if anyone with Classic has tried this and been successful.

I'm wondering if that will be allowed. Currently if you are in traditional you can't go to the my time dining room. I'm wondering if the same will be true if you DD Classic if they will let you go to another dining room or if you'll need to go the buffet, specialty, etc., if you wish to skip a particular restaurant in your rotation? It would be interesting to find out if anyone with Classic has tried this and been successful.

You can do whatever you want with DD. The only thing DD Classic does is it makes a standing reservation for you for you for every night within the DD system. My only assumption is that if the system sees you have DD Classic it won't allow you make further reservations online but once on the ship you can do whatever you want - that's the whole point of DD. If you get on the ship, have DD Classic but love the menu in a certain venue there's nothing to prevent you from going there every night - you just won't have a reservation. And even the lack of reservation is not a big deal if you go at non-peak times. As a courtesy, as with DD Choice, you should make arrangements to cancel your existing reservation if you plan to skip out.

And even the lack of reservation is not a big deal if you go at non-peak times. As a courtesy, as with DD Choice, you should make arrangements to cancel your existing reservation if you plan to skip out.

What times are considered non-peak?

Edited by Cruisin' Ya Ya

I spoke to RC today about the dining and the rep told me that about 30 days out I should be able to log into the MyCruise portion of their website and see the Classic Dining Rotation for our cruise. This is our first cruise so I can't say for certainty if it is accurate, just relaying the information I was told today :)

I spoke to RC today about the dining and the rep told me that about 30 days out I should be able to log into the MyCruise portion of their website and see the Classic Dining Rotation for our cruise. This is our first cruise so I can't say for certainty if it is accurate, just relaying the information I was told today :)

That would be helpful in planning if we knew ahead of time the order in which we rotate to the restaurants. We are 34 days out, this is what my reservation is currently saying. "You have selected Dynamic Dining Classic - Early Seating. You will be able to view your complimentary dining rotation once onboard. Specialty Restaurant reservations can be made at any time". I'll be sure to keep checking and see if it changes. Thanks for the info :)

That would be helpful in planning if we knew ahead of time the order in which we rotate to the restaurants. We are 34 days out, this is what my reservation is currently saying. "You have selected Dynamic Dining Classic - Early Seating. You will be able to view your complimentary dining rotation once onboard. Specialty Restaurant reservations can be made at any time". I'll be sure to keep checking and see if it changes. Thanks for the info :)

That would be great but not sure if true. I know you can call and find out a couple weeks before. We have classic and us set for 6.