Cruising With A Service Dog....everything You Ever Wanted To Know!

First: Dobiemom, I hope that your eye surgery is going well and that you have a complete and easy recovery. Love you.

Second: Happy Halloween everyone! One of my most favorite holidays.....[it's all about the candy!] Horty's wearing an orange pumpkin collar at work today. If CCI only knew! :rolleyes:

Third: Hey Cindy & John, how do you like those Red Sox? Amazing team, truly a job well done! They broke the curse! Now, get rid of those darn and ugly beards! :eek:

First: Dobiemom, I hope that your eye surgery is going well and that you have a complete and easy recovery. Love you.

Second: Happy Halloween everyone! One of my most favorite holidays.....[it's all about the candy!] Horty's wearing an orange pumpkin collar at work today. If CCI only knew! :rolleyes:

Third: Hey Cindy & John, how do you like those Red Sox? Amazing team, truly a job well done! They broke the curse! Now, get rid of those darn and ugly beards! :eek:

I love them Roz!! Go Sox!! It was a very exhausting week. Besides the games going til midnight, they are so stressful. :eek: They were a team of misfits who somehow came together and played their hearts out. As for the beards, gross!!!!! They will keep them for the parade tomorrow and then they were going to shave them off for charity, but since November is no shave for mens cancer month, they might keep them for a while longer.

Wexler was a skeleton yesterday. All the kids loved him. I posted a pic.

We do not get any kids for Halloween here. You have to be buzzed in the building here.

The clocks will change this weekend and it will be getting dark and gloomy for the next few months. I have to think about the cruise to make it through the winter. :D

Edited by rangeley

Mornin' all:

Boy that Sexy Wexy fills that skeleton out nicely! :D Still busy around here. Now a new round of doctor appointments for hubby that are in the big city. 125 miles one way and a very ugly drive. We had to go yesterday so we got all the Friday traffic going to Arizona and of course all the big rigs. But we made it. :) Everyone have a great weekend. I am looking forward to doing NOTHING.

Nancy, it's tough enough to have to go to the doctor at all but to have to fight traffic for over a hundred miles is enough to drive anyone nuts.

I hope everything turns out okay for your hubby.

I can't wait to hear from Colleen and see how she's doing with her Successor Dog and see how Oz is doing.

Brenda is sleeping very hard and heavy [she's started to snore so loudly] these days. I love hearing it as I love having her around. ;)

Have a great weekend everyone!

Mornin' all:

To add to it, they want to do a CT scan. Now mind you this was Friday afternoon. The doctors office was able to call over to the hospital and get us in, so we didn't have to drive back. The hospital was able to get us in, BUT, we had to have prior authorization from (drum roll) insurance! Yeah, well that didn't happen on Friday, so we are waiting for a call today, if not we have to call them back. Now I have to take off work, take Travis off school again and then when results are back, more than likely go back again. The doctor has seen some blockage on the ultra sounds they have been doing since his surgery, last September, that he is concerned about. Thus the CT Scan. We shall see what this week brings. I wish we had a smily face with a straight line for a mouth!

Everyone else have a great week.

Mornin' all:

To add to it, they want to do a CT scan. Now mind you this was Friday afternoon. The doctors office was able to call over to the hospital and get us in, so we didn't have to drive back. The hospital was able to get us in, BUT, we had to have prior authorization from (drum roll) insurance! Yeah, well that didn't happen on Friday, so we are waiting for a call today, if not we have to call them back. Now I have to take off work, take Travis off school again and then when results are back, more than likely go back again. The doctor has seen some blockage on the ultra sounds they have been doing since his surgery, last September, that he is concerned about. Thus the CT Scan. We shall see what this week brings. I wish we had a smily face with a straight line for a mouth!

Aww Nancy thats terrible. Don't you just love insurance companies. :mad: Sorry to hear about hubby, but it seems they are keeping a check on everything. I'm sure everything will work out fine. Sending prayers and hugs!!

Well it's getting real now. Ocho goes back to CCI on Friday to start college. Not gonna be a fun ride home from Long Island. Now we wait for the last Wednesday of the month progress reports.

It's come around so fast, it will be tough, I sure as anything could not do what you do! I know we should all think about the person who will benefit from your puppy raising, but these four legged pals just don't leave our hearts so easily!

Give that "goofy boy" a big hug from me please and whisper him all the luck and love in the world.

It's a fine thing you do Mr DKD, a mighty fine thing. :)

Mornin' all:

Nancy - what a carry on! Hope you get it all sorted out. Hugs to you:)

Well it's getting real now. Ocho goes back to CCI on Friday to start college. Not gonna be a fun ride home from Long Island. Now we wait for the last Wednesday of the month progress reports.

I don't know how you guys are doing this! I have thought many times about raising a puppy, but I know in my heart that I could never do it. I can't say enough about anyone that is a puppy raiser, it's a wonderful thing you do. Best of luck to Ocho!!!!

Congratulations and I'm sorry.....[what else can you say to someone who put in hours and hours of training, skill and love only to give the dog up to CCI] and, all at the same time! Bring the rest of your menagerie with you in the car so you won't feel so bad.

You did a good job, THANK YOU, you should be very proud!

We went to the Jets/Saints game yesterday. We ran into a puppy raiser for the Seeing Eye. It is such a great thing the puppy raisers do. I'm sure they are just as pleased to see the dogs out and about doing their jobs as well.

I'm sure it must be very rewarding [to Puppyraisers] to see a Service/Working Dog out and about, fulfilling the life of another human and making their life so much richer.

It certainly must make it easier on the heart strings knowing the difference that you're making in others lives [DKD!]

I don't know how you guys are doing this! I have thought many times about raising a puppy, but I know in my heart that I could never do it. I can't say enough about anyone that is a puppy raiser, it's a wonderful thing you do. Best of luck to Ocho!!!!

We knew going in that he would have to go back. We also have first hand knowledge of the difference he can make to someone. Hopefully he will graduate and help someone and we can stay in touch. Maybe he will go somewhere local so we can visit. If he doesn't graduate, he will come home to us. That won't be terrible either. That having been said, Friday is going to be a crappy day.

Then we will start the process over again in June.

Mornin' all:

Nancy, I hope this week is not a nightmare for you or hubby. It's so stressful to watch the one's we love go through health issues. I send my prayers to hubby and lots of strength to you. Love you!

We knew going in that he would have to go back. We also have first hand knowledge of the difference he can make to someone. Hopefully he will graduate and help someone and we can stay in touch. Maybe he will go somewhere local so we can visit. If he doesn't graduate, he will come home to us. That won't be terrible either. That having been said, Friday is going to be a crappy day.

Then we will start the process over again in June.

Go Ocho Go! He's our hero now!!! The worst that can happen is you'll be stuck with DKD!