Which resort day pass? Help me choose

Arizona Travelers

Yeah.....I have to say it wasn't an impressive response from Lance. I was not there so I don't know what happened......I do know that often people order appetizers aka small plates rather than full meals during lunch.....and I do think that if I have spent a fair amount of money in doing so (that guest spent in excess of $100 USD for 2 people) then the restaurant should be fine with that. It turned me off from wanting to visit Lance.

So that said, we all have our bad days and our less than stellar responses.

Beach Limerz that is referred to several times may be the smaller beach vibe without the motorized beach toys and smaller crowds....that also serves food and drink......with the option of package or pay as you go.

The good news is that this thread has provided some great options to research and make a choice from based on what your priorities are.

Do these beaches all have motorized rental craft, or are any of them just nice and peacefully quiet for when one needs such a day?

Unless it has changed, the Verandah Resort does not have motorised craft from either of their beaches.

I am traveling to Antigua as part of a cruise in early June. Am evaluating options for each port, and this is one of them so I read your post and responses with interest.

I also just found this application for a free day pass at Sandals:

http://cdn.sandals.com/applications/tasuk/commonForms/Free%20Day%20Pass%20Form%20Jan%202015.pdf

Obviously I have no idea if it's current and/or still valid. Does anyone else know?

Has anyone tried this? What were your results?

TIA.

I am traveling to Antigua as part of a cruise in early June. Am evaluating options for each port, and this is one of them so I read your post and responses with interest.

I also just found this application for a free day pass at Sandals:

http://cdn.sandals.com/applications/tasuk/commonForms/Free%20Day%20Pass%20Form%20Jan%202015.pdf

Obviously I have no idea if it's current and/or still valid. Does anyone else know?

After looking the offer over more closely, it is only for travel agents. :(

• 1 month later...

Hi all,

I just returned from my cruise and wanted to post an update for those who requested more information about my experience.

We chose a day pass at Blue Waters Resort. I corresponded with them via email to "reserve" it in advance. There wasn't a fee or payment required in advance but they did request you let them know if you were coming so they could put your name on the list so security would grant you access to the property when you arrived.

The day pass is valid from 10 am to 6 pm. Our ship was in port from 8 am to 6 pm. We arrived around 10:15 am. We checked in at the front desk and were given a card that indicated we had a day pass. We chose to go with the pay as you go option rather than the all inclusive as we did not feel we would eat and drink enough for the price difference (and we did not).

We were then shown around the property (the pools, the restaurants and their hours, the towels, the restrooms, etc.). We chose to hang out at the first pool as it was completely empty. We had the pool to ourselves mostly the entire day. One couple came through and took a quick dip before moving on and another couple put their belongings there while they went to lunch but then came and took them elsewhere when they were finished eating. The pool was clean and the water was warm (which I love).

Around 12:30 pm we went to a restaurant for lunch. We chose the restaurant with more substantial food over the one with snack type food. They had a buffet at this restaurant but we did not go with that option or even look at what it provided. I believe the host said it was seafood and other Antiguan items. I ordered the jerk chicken, DH ordered a bbq sandwich. Both were excellent and large portions.

After lunch, we returned to the pool and spent the rest of our time there. Overall, it is a very nice resort. It's quiet and relaxing. If that's what you are looking for, this is a great option. It felt great to get away from the 3,000 other people we were cruising with as most other ports you always felt like everyone was doing what you were doing. I am not aware of anyone else who did this from the ship and we were the only ship in port that day.

The staff were very friendly and nice.

If there are any other details I can provide, please let me know!

• Like 1

Thank you for the detailed report on Blue Water

We are one of four ships in port in January. I fear that if too many folks go there will be a large crowd at the rather small looking pools.

Can you tell me what the fee per person was and cost of cab to get there. Not sure if the cab drivers will take US $. I assume the hotel will take a credit card for resort use and dining.

Thank you for the detailed report on Blue Water

We are one of four ships in port in January. I fear that if too many folks go there will be a large crowd at the rather small looking pools.

Can you tell me what the fee per person was and cost of cab to get there. Not sure if the cab drivers will take US $. I assume the hotel will take a credit card for resort use and dining.

I suppose the crowd depends on how many people from the cruises book the resort and how full the resort is before taking the day passes into account. I was surprised how many people did not leave the ship on our cruise (for many of our ports, not just this one) and if they did, they went on an island tour or went to a free beach or did something inexpensive.

The below is from the email I received from the resort:

The rate for our passes and what they include are as follows:

Entry only: Includes use of facilities – lounge chairs with towels, water sports, changing rooms

Price: US$65 per person

Drinks, lunch and afternoon tea – charged as taken.

Breakfast, lunch, beverages, lounge chairs with towel, water sports, changing rooms

Price: US$120 per adult

US$80 per child (6-11yrs)

Time: 10:00am – 6:00pm

The above is exclusive of 10% Service Charge and 12.5% Government Tax (ABST).

However, when we paid, it was $65 total per person so the service charge and tax were included.

The cab was $20 US total for two people and she did take US dollars. I'm not sure if they charge per person or per trip. It was only my DH and I. We arranged for the same driver to come back to pick us up and she was there exactly at the time we agreed on.

We paid cash for the day pass and for lunch so I'm no sure about the credit card. You could ask when you make the reservation.

Thanks so much that is a big help.

We generally sail on Oceania and they stop at private islands owned by Carnival and Norwegian. Just get off the ship and head to the beach or pool. No fees except for food and beverages.

We are on Celebrity next. Jan. And yes lots of folks never get off the ship.

• 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...
Hi all,

I just returned from my cruise and wanted to post an update for those who requested more information about my experience.

We chose a day pass at Blue Waters Resort. I corresponded with them via email to "reserve" it in advance. There wasn't a fee or payment required in advance but they did request you let them know if you were coming so they could put your name on the list so security would grant you access to the property when you arrived.

The day pass is valid from 10 am to 6 pm. Our ship was in port from 8 am to 6 pm. We arrived around 10:15 am. We checked in at the front desk and were given a card that indicated we had a day pass. We chose to go with the pay as you go option rather than the all inclusive as we did not feel we would eat and drink enough for the price difference (and we did not).

We were then shown around the property (the pools, the restaurants and their hours, the towels, the restrooms, etc.). We chose to hang out at the first pool as it was completely empty. We had the pool to ourselves mostly the entire day. One couple came through and took a quick dip before moving on and another couple put their belongings there while they went to lunch but then came and took them elsewhere when they were finished eating. The pool was clean and the water was warm (which I love).

Around 12:30 pm we went to a restaurant for lunch. We chose the restaurant with more substantial food over the one with snack type food. They had a buffet at this restaurant but we did not go with that option or even look at what it provided. I believe the host said it was seafood and other Antiguan items. I ordered the jerk chicken, DH ordered a bbq sandwich. Both were excellent and large portions.

After lunch, we returned to the pool and spent the rest of our time there. Overall, it is a very nice resort. It's quiet and relaxing. If that's what you are looking for, this is a great option. It felt great to get away from the 3,000 other people we were cruising with as most other ports you always felt like everyone was doing what you were doing. I am not aware of anyone else who did this from the ship and we were the only ship in port that day.

The staff were very friendly and nice.

If there are any other details I can provide, please let me know!

How far from the port is this resort and is there a beach on the property ?

• 4 weeks later...

Just for comparison purposes, I've reserved at Beach Limerz, which I saw when I was next door at Millers last December. They have an all-inclusive option for $65 which includes one drink and one water, BBQ lunch, and all the beach "toys," but this December I'm going with the pay as you go option. They told me if we don't use the water sports equipment, we'll save money just paying for what we want.

In addition, the owner, Gail, will open at 9 and send a taxi for $6 per person. No pool, it's a rustic beachfront operation, but it gets great reviews.

By the way, I always bring dog treats (bacon strips) to Antigua because there are so many stray dogs.

Just for comparison purposes, I've reserved at Beach Limerz, which I saw when I was next door at Millers last December. They have an all-inclusive option for $65 which includes one drink and one water, BBQ lunch, and all the beach "toys," but this December I'm going with the pay as you go option. They told me if we don't use the water sports equipment, we'll save money just paying for what we want.

In addition, the owner, Gail, will open at 9 and send a taxi for $6 per person. No pool, it's a rustic beachfront operation, but it gets great reviews.

By the way, I always bring dog treats (bacon strips) to Antigua because there are so many stray dogs.

I've booked with Gail as well for our December visit. Very simple, and hopefully won't be too crowded.

You will LOVE IT! Just back and Gail and her staff are wonderful. Favorite day and meal of our cruise. Our prayers are with her and all tonight

Looking forward to our trip even more now, after your comments. As you say, hope everyone on the island makes it through the next few days.

I heard from Gail abut 1:00 this morning and the winds were really bad and scary. This is a beautiful little beach with a great restaurant/bar. Very private the day we were there and NO VENDORS. Gail arranged for a taxi to meet us at the port and he returned at the time we asked to take us back the the ship.

I heard from Gail abut 1:00 this morning and the winds were really bad and scary. This is a beautiful little beach with a great restaurant/bar. Very private the day we were there and NO VENDORS. Gail arranged for a taxi to meet us at the port and he returned at the time we asked to take us back the the ship.

Is this a private beach with restaurant/bar? Do they offer loungers/umbrellas?

How far from the cruise port? Cost of taxi?

I do not want to be bothered b vendors.

If you Google the restaurant you will find the information you require.

Yes it's a private restaurant but ALL beaches in Antigua are PUBLIC. They do have loungers and umbrellas to rent. It's less than 10 minutes from the port and I believe it was $6 each way for the taxi. We didn't have any vendors bother us.

We booked the all inclusive option the day we went and Gail pre-arranged the taxi for us so it was super easier. When he dropped us off we arranged for what time we wanted him to pick us up to go back to the ship. He was a super nice guy and right on time both times.

I cannot express HOW impressed I am with Beachlimerz. I won't go anywhere else in Antigua. Gail and her staff are amazing!

Yes it's a private restaurant but ALL beaches in Antigua are PUBLIC. They do have loungers and umbrellas to rent. It's less than 10 minutes from the port and I believe it was $6 each way for the taxi. We didn't have any vendors bother us.

We booked the all inclusive option the day we went and Gail pre-arranged the taxi for us so it was super easier. When he dropped us off we arranged for what time we wanted him to pick us up to go back to the ship. He was a super nice guy and right on time both times.

I cannot express HOW impressed I am with Beachlimerz. I won't go anywhere else in Antigua. Gail and her staff are amazing!

Thank you for your reply - I did check the website but didn't find any info on the all inclusive option. Is her email also available on the website.

Thank you again.

Thank you for your reply - I did check the website but didn't find any info on the all inclusive option. Is her email also available on the website.

Thank you again.

Info@beachlimerz.com

Gail will send you all of the info on the all inclusive package. The buffet lunch was fabulous!!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums